cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved Threads

Is it just me or do some of these moved threads not make any sense?

Below linked thread was moved earlier today from this community platform feedback board to Selling board which made sense - but now this evening mods moved it again to Sporting Goods?

In what way are collectible trading cards sporting goods and why would a question about what to do when a buyer claims SNAD be moved to sporting goods?

What am I missing here? devon@ebay - could you provide some insight?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Sporting-Goods/Redemption-Card/m-p/33765712#M18933

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Moved Threads

I agree that it doesn't make sense to put that trading card thread in Sporting goods. 

But the third post down on that board is another thread about an autographed card.  And the 4th through 7th threads on that board are from April and have no replies. That's one SLOW board!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Moved Threads

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Is it just me or do some of these moved threads not make any sense?

Below linked thread was moved earlier today from this community platform feedback board to Selling board which made sense - but now this evening mods moved it again to Sporting Goods?

In what way are collectible trading cards sporting goods and why would a question about what to do when a buyer claims SNAD be moved to sporting goods?

What am I missing here? devon@ebay - could you provide some insight?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Sporting-Goods/Redemption-Card/m-p/33765712#M18933

Hey @wastingtime101! I know that our moderation team works hard to try to make sure that all of the treads posted here on Community are placed in the most appropriate  place. This is something that we can bring up with Khoros to assure that threads are being moved when needed and necessary. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Moved Threads

Thanks, devon@ebay. For the record, I wasn't knocking the moderation team or complaining. I've seen a few odd post-moves lately and thought I missed some kind of unwritten memo or new posting guidelines. Wanted to clear up my confusion. 🙃

Some of those product category boards are kind of dead as another poster mentioned above, and just because the item in a transaction may relate to a specific product category (and in this case it didn't), that doesn't mean the product category board is the best place for that seller to get help.

To give some made-up examples:

If someone has an issue with handbag authentication I can understand moving it to the handbag board where the seller is going to get help from active experts in the area. I can also see leaving it on the selling board since sellers that have been through authentication with various categories will see it and offer great advice. Plus it benefits the selling community overall with some general knowledge. So that kind of post can go either way in my opinion.

If someone has an issue with a buyer that sent back a stained t-shirt, that doesn't mean it should be moved to the fashion board just because a t-shirt is involved. The seller needs help with a general selling question about an abusive buyer. Doesn't matter if it's a t-shirt or a lawn mower.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Moved Threads

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Thanks, devon@ebay. For the record, I wasn't knocking the moderation team or complaining. I've seen a few odd post-moves lately and thought I missed some kind of unwritten memo or new posting guidelines. Wanted to clear up my confusion. 🙃

Some of those product category boards are kind of dead as another poster mentioned above, and just because the item in a transaction may relate to a specific product category (and in this case it didn't), that doesn't mean the product category board is the best place for that seller to get help.

To give some made-up examples:

If someone has an issue with handbag authentication I can understand moving it to the handbag board where the seller is going to get help from active experts in the area. I can also see leaving it on the selling board since sellers that have been through authentication with various categories will see it and offer great advice. Plus it benefits the selling community overall with some general knowledge. So that kind of post can go either way in my opinion.

If someone has an issue with a buyer that sent back a stained t-shirt, that doesn't mean it should be moved to the fashion board just because a t-shirt is involved. The seller needs help with a general selling question about an abusive buyer. Doesn't matter if it's a t-shirt or a lawn mower.

@wastingtime101 In no way did I think you were knocking the team as much! I appreciate all of the help and contributions you have been making to community as a whole which is helping much more than you know! 😉 

Thank you for the example and we will discuss this in our next meeting with them as you make great points that I think would be something we will be looking more into.

Devon,
eBay
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Moved Threads

I hope they do move threads to the right place.  I posted something here yesterday and now don't think it was the correct place.  This Community forum is totally confusing!  Plus, the seller's page and the My eBay page are both complicated messes. I started back in eBay in 2004 when things were so much clearer.  (My current account is my second one.)  I don't know why eBay thinks the current page setups are better than they were in the past.  They are not!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Moved Threads

Hi @jellybean922 . This Community Platform Feedback board is to discuss this forum specifically, not general eBay issues.

Your post from yesterday is located on the Buying board. You can locate all your past discussions and posts by clicking on your userid on the top right of this page and selecting 'my profile'.

This is your post from yesterday:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Getting-Offers-For-Things-I-Don-t-Want/td-p/34402741

GLORIOUS!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Moved Threads

Thank you.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply