cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forbidden?

When I try to log in to the boards from my desktop  I get a "Forbidden" error message.  "You don't have permission to access url". Logging in from my phone I'm ok - like i did to post this. I don't think it's a suspention. No notice of a suspension. Has anyone ever experianced this?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Forbidden?

Try clearing cookies.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Forbidden?

I get a "Forbidden" error message.

@inhawaii 

I get that some times (or something similar) when trying to submit a 'reply' I was typing to a discussion that is removed, or closed while I was diligently typing away. 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Forbidden?

@inhawaii 

It happens now and then.  Probably the gummy pickles.  lol.  

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Forbidden?

I got same message yesterday...must just be a fluke.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Forbidden?

@inhawaii 

I get that too from time to time along with some other bizzarro displays logging in to eBay and The Community ... Sometimes I grab a quick screen shot of them ... like the two below.  They eventually clear so some buffer somewhere is slow on the uptake.  

Screenshot (454).png                 Screenshot (452).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Forbidden?

@caldreamer 

I did as well yesterday,  replying to a post and it wouldn't let me. Yesterday was strange as other online sites were crashing periodically. 

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Forbidden?

I occasionally get that also, and in my case always it's been to a post that was either deleted by the mods or moved by them to another board while I was typing away a reply.

Of course, it could also be due to your gummy pickles...

Cheers, Duffy

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Forbidden?

@mr_lincoln 

Unformatted text and large checkmark icons or chevrons are a sign that the style sheet for that page is not loading correctly. You may be able to get around that by holding down the shift key and refreshing the page to bypass your browser's cached copy of the page files.

@inhawaii 

Try using a different browser or a different link to reach the community pages if the "forbidden" message persists. Sometimes a faulty redirection can cause problems. Sometimes bypassing a particular page entirely can avoid a problem.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Forbidden?

Yes, i get that same thing from time to time and have for multiple years. I just back out of the page and its gone when i access the community page again.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Forbidden?

Adding to eburtonlab's advice:

You can also sign out of Community, then sign back in. Sometimes prolonged sessions can create issues with page load, among other things.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Forbidden?

eBay figured that since they were throttling your listings, they might as well throttle your posts as well.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Forbidden?

Still can't get it to work.

I tried the cache/cookies thing.

I tried re-starting the browser.

I tried re-starting the computer.

Funny, I have another browser on this computer (safari) but it wont let me either. I get a similar error message.  I can go to any other website, just not the ebay community.

*scratching my head*

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Forbidden?

Usually that shows up when you try to access a topic that has been deleted by the Mods.  Once you get back to the main page you should be fine. 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Forbidden?

@inhawaii 

Try logging in to the UK Community:  Home - UK eBay Community

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 15 of 23
latest reply