cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another New eBay Community Board Glitch?

Any one else experience this community board glitch today?

So, I log on to eBay, go to the community boards and at the top of the page where the bell is that turns red when someone gives you a helpful or solution with a number and mine showed shows 101. 

My heart dropped and for a minute my heart beat rose, I thought to myself no way! I just stared at the number for about thirty seconds and then I clicked on it and..................it ended up only two helpfuls! LOL! 

I verified my helpsfuls and I didn't get credited for an additional 101 helpfuls. It sure was a big "eBay sike!" I just had to laugh!

I am sure it is another glitch. In reality, I am glad the glitch didn't credit me a bogus 101 helpfuls. Although, it would made my numbers increase, it really isn't how I would have wanted to get the helpfuls. 

My integrity would have had me contact eBay to get them removed. Can you imagine how much of a hassle that would have been? It would probably be as hard as getting negative feedback removed. LOL! 

In any case, I got lucky it didn't give me credit for any undeserved helpfuls! I sure hope that this glitch isn't happening to others and it is crediting some and not others. If others are getting it, hopefully, like me, it is just an "eBay sike", like mine!

I posted a picture of it so you all can see it. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@japan-treazures wrote:

Any one else experience this community board glitch today?

So, I log on to eBay, go to the community boards and at the top of the page where the bell is that turns red when someone gives you a helpful or solution with a number and mine showed shows 101. 

My heart dropped and for a minute my heart beat rose, I thought to myself no way! I just stared at the number for about thirty seconds and then I clicked on it and..................it ended up only two helpfuls! LOL! 

I verified my helpsfuls and I didn't get credited for an additional 101 helpfuls. It sure was a big "eBay sike!" I just had to laugh!

I am sure it is another glitch. In reality, I am glad the glitch didn't credit me a bogus 101 helpfuls. Although, it would made my numbers increase, it really isn't how I would have wanted to get the helpfuls. 

My integrity would have had me contact eBay to get them removed. Can you imagine how much of a hassle that would have been? It would probably be as hard as getting negative feedback removed. LOL! 

In any case, I got lucky it didn't give me credit for any undeserved helpfuls! I sure hope that this glitch isn't happening to others and it is crediting some and not others. If others are getting it, hopefully, like me, it is just an "eBay sike", like mine!

I posted a picture of it so you all can see it. 

Others have the same issue, myself included.  I tagged Tyler on the community platform board and he's reporting it.

Now I keep getting this error when I click on reply and I AM logged in.  I have to use F5 and then select reply again then it works 

can not reply.PNG

EDIT TO ADD:  Here's a link to the community platform board where we usually report Khoros glitches

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/bd-p/CommunityNews

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

There is another thread about this, and yes, most of us had the 101  notifications issue.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

101 is the maximum number that will show in that space. Mine always shows 101, because I find the notifications useless and never open them.  

So this probably isn't an error of giving you extra Helpfuls; it's just not recognizing that you have been opening them.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@comics-scifi-collectibles  - I'm also getting that error message whenever I try to click Helpful. It works on the second click, but the first click so far all morning has resulted in that error.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

The same happened to day using ms edge on a windows 10 laptop. For a while now the bell icon does not turn back to black after reading or viewing the post that the icon was alerting me too. Usually I have to click to view all when the alert does not register I viewed the post again. This morning it was showing 101 alerts. When I went to the alert page is was clear right away these were alerts I had already been notified for. I was able to determine this as the posts in the list the links are purple when viewed and blue when not viewed. I noticed the top of the list had blue links and after I had clicked on them the 101 red bell icon went away .

I also use chrome at times but rarely for  community so I do not know what chrome was doing this morning. I just checked chrome and there was no red alert. As I have already cleared the alerts on edge I do not know if this was happening on both browsers. My guess would be it is more of a issue with the forum  than a browser issue.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

This does not appear to be effecting chrome and only edge on my computer

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@3eyedfishcatcher wrote:

This does not appear to be effecting chrome and only edge on my computer

@3eyedfishcatcher 

Really? Because I use Chrome, and I'm seeing it, too.

Notification Count.JPG

It's random. It comes and goes. It will be fine on a few pages, and then revert to "101" again. Then back to the correct count.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

On edge the bell alert does not go away till I go to view all and click on the latest alert. On chrome if I get a alert just clicking the view all button and viewing the page clears the red icon. On edge when I go to the view all page the single red alert will turn to 101.  I have not seen the 101 on  chrome so far but I would not be surprised if this is random issue and like all other forum issues it will not get looked into or fixed.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

It took several hours but finally the glitch happened to me using chrome. I will say this for me using edge the glitch comes up more frequently.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply