cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does not work seller protection

Here is my story: I sold the thing to international buyer and sent the recommended way of delivery by the USPS. I printed out the lable and paid it off the ebay page. For reasons that do not depend on me, the package went slowly and stayed long in each border. But the tracking number showed that the parcel was on the way to the buyer. The buyer did not wait for delivery and opened the case of refund.

The ebay held the case and sent the following letter:

As per tracking number LZ353560274US, the item is currently in transit. The shipping status just updated on February 14, 2018. With, this we placed the case on hold for 15 days or until March 3, 2018 to allow any shipping delays. There may be possibilities that the item will be delivered to the buyer within the hold period.

We will continue with the case based on the tracking result. If there’s another movement on the tracking number from the passed 10 days after the hold expires, we will extend the case again for a few days depending on the package location.

But the next day ebay changed his mind and give the buyer a full refund. Ebay also took fees for this purchase
The case was closed and I had the opportunity to appeal the case within 30 days.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Later the parcel arrived and the buyer did not hurry to pick it up. I appealed to the buyer that he refused to receive, wrote in support of USPS. But time passed, the parcel was in the post office of the buyer and did not return. I applied in support of Ebay, but I was told that the parcel could be returned. A month later I saw that the buyer took the parcel. So, the buyer took both money and goods, ebay took the fees and I was refused protection of the seller, and even the ebay refused to return the fees. I was advised to solve the problem with the buyer himself. And in the future not wait for the decision to ebay and independently return the payment to the buyer
The buyer does not get in touch.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

In the same month, another international buyer bought the item. I also sent by USPS and the goods were also delayed. Both times parcels were sent from the USA to Europe by air.
The second buyer also opened the case. I returned the payment myself as recommended by the ebay. After 2 days the second buyer received the parcel. Ebey also rejected my request for protection of the seller and advised me to decide with the buyer myself, but returned the fees

All subsequent appeals were rejected and the ebay recognized decisions as correct.
If proof is needed, I will publish screenshots of purchases and returns, and screenshots of case, and tracking numbers of parcels
   Result: 2 things for 320 dollars each + 2 shipping to Europe 80 dollars + 35 dollars fees. How can I do business with an ebay?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You might consider using the GSP if you insist on selling internationally.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

You might consider using the GSP if you insist on selling internationally.

Is the OP even in the US or UK? I'm still confused on where the items shipped FROM and where they shipped TO.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Post number 3:

Both times parcels were sent from the USA to Europe by air.

Which is actually strange because the OP shows located in  the Ukraine.

UK has a GSP hub for international shipping, just as KY here does.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

According to the tracking they gave;

April 9, 2018, 12:55 pm 
Delivered 
MALTA 
Your item was delivered in MALTA at 12:55 pm on April 9, 2018.

For whatever it's worth.

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

the item was delivered to Malta on March 6. The buyer waited 30 days to securely receive the item. I was hoping that an honest buyer should not receive an item if took a full refund. And against dishonest customers, the ebay rules must work, which protect sellers. Ebey in this case leaves the seller one-on-one with the problem

Message 8 of 8
latest reply