cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted email from "expert" members

Why can't we report members who send us unwelcome harrassing emails about our items??
I'm VERY sick of dealing with them.
The " You have a question to answer"  tag really should also be a "REPORT THIS MEMBER FOR HARRASSMENT " option.
We sell some very rare musical items and have for over 40 years - 
It gets really unproductive responding to every self-proclaimed know-it-all "expert" on here!

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'd put them on your Blocked Bidder List (here) and make sure that your Buyer Requirements option for blocking messages from blocked bidders is set properly.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

@keyofbflatwrote:

It gets really unproductive responding to every self-proclaimed know-it-all "expert" on here!

You don't have to respond you know...It's probably better if you don't actually.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 2 of 60
latest reply

Why do you have to respond? Delete and walk away. It's a free country. Sending you ONE email is not harassment. Although I admit I have no idea what they're emailing you about.

Message 3 of 60
latest reply

Imagine an item with over 4000 views...now imagine 10- 15 legitimate questions in a day NOW add 3 or 4 from jerks.
Are you getting the picture?
Message 4 of 60
latest reply

@keyofbflatwrote:
Imagine an item with over 4000 views...now imagine 10- 15 legitimate questions in a day NOW add 3 or 4 from jerks.
Are you getting the picture?

Yup, as I said before, you do not have to reply to the 'jerks.'

https://bio.link/langs
Message 5 of 60
latest reply

Right - read my original question.
When we get SEVERAL emails from kids/jerks/random people who think they are experts some of which are pretty hostile ,which wastes our time and slows down our response to serious buyers .
It creates confusion and we need the "report this email" option back.
Message 6 of 60
latest reply

@keyofbflat

eBay staff have said that you can report eBay messages by calling customer support.

Message 7 of 60
latest reply

Do you want advice here, or was this just to rant?

To me, your responses  here seem to be bordering on unprofessional.

reality is that you don't have the "report this email" option, so the best option would be to ignore them.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 8 of 60
latest reply

You can ignore, delete and block, which, I admit, takes a little time from your day.

But you definitely have no reason to respond. 

Message 9 of 60
latest reply

I'd put them on your Blocked Bidder List (here) and make sure that your Buyer Requirements option for blocking messages from blocked bidders is set properly.

Message 10 of 60
latest reply

@keyofbflatwrote:
Right - read my original question.
When we get SEVERAL emails from kids/jerks/random people who think they are experts some of which are pretty hostile ,which wastes our time and slows down our response to serious buyers .
It creates confusion and we need the "report this email" option back.

If time is the issue,  the quickest thing to do is delete and move on to the next question.   Anything else would pretty much be a waste of more time and accomplish little if anything.   Why do I feel you might be responding?

Message 11 of 60
latest reply

This isn't a complaint that recurs on the boards so I'm not sure what is going on that may not be apparent.  Do consider that buyers can ask a question under one username, gauge your response (or lack thereof), and make a pruchase decision based on that.

I don't know about your rare musical items, but your used clothing listings need much less preaching and much more detailed info about what you are selling, such as actual measurements.

There is no "ebay verified address", and you have to ship to the addy on the payment.

Restocking fees on eBay will soon be a thing of the past.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 12 of 60
latest reply

The "mark as answered" toggle works great for me. 

Message 13 of 60
latest reply

I suspect this displayed sentence is also a driver...   Seller usually responds to offers in 1 hour

Message 14 of 60
latest reply

@*eponymous*wrote:

This isn't a complaint that recurs on the boards so I'm not sure what is going on that may not be apparent.  Do consider that buyers can ask a question under one username, gauge your response (or lack thereof), and make a pruchase decision based on that.

I don't know about your rare musical items, but your used clothing listings need much less preaching and much more detailed info about what you are selling, such as actual measurements.

We've all read several threads just here recently, though, from the "experts" the OP is referring to. They've started threads about a seller not selling legit items, or misrepresenting items, or mislabeling items, blah, blah, blah. They just can't understand why sellers won't take down or amend listings when they contact them, and they can't figure out why eBay won't step in when they report the listings.

Message 15 of 60
latest reply