cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what will happen to my listings if I don't link a checking account in time?

I did just open a checking account with bank of america, I already have a savings account with them. 

I'm not sure the exact date a checking account is required to sell on ebay but I think t's within about a week, and I'm still confused on a few things like if I have to keep funds in the checking account to pay ebay seller fees (currently it auto withdraws from paypal). Or if I can have it auto withdraw from the savings. I don't plan to write any checks for payments outside of ebay, I only need the checking account to sell on ebay.  I'm never really sure what my seller fees are until they hit but I always have enough in paypal to cover it.  I guess since my fees are seldom over $125, just make sure to have at least about $200 in the checking?

If I don't get this set up in time, will all my listings just vanish or will they just be put on hold? I have like 60 listings and some of them took way longer than usual to create and don't want to loose them. 

Also is there a routing # or something I'm supposed to enter to ebay to link the actual checking account? 

I opened a basic 'SafeBalance Banking' checking account and now it shows that plus another savings account (unsure the title without being logged in),  I don't even know which one to link. 

thanks. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: what will happen to my listings if I don't link a checking account in time?

Most of your seller fees will be taken directly from your payout (eBay's term for when they send money to your checking account) but there can be some fees that have to come directly from the checking account.  You cannot have fees withdrawn from any other account, nor can you use PayPal for this.  Remember that no money will be going into your PayPal account unless you add it to PayPal yourself.  I find  I no longer use PayPal at all for anything.

If you don't get the account information to eBay on time, they will not be able to send you the money from any sales that you make.   Your listings will still be running.  Yes, you will need to give eBay the routing information for the checking account so they can send you your money.  They will walk you through the process.

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Something else to be aware of, just based on my own personal experience. 

You don't have to choose to verify the checking account with your login - you can choose "microdeposits" instead, which you'll have to verify once they're made.

I chose this method. Five hours later I received two messages from eBay that they couldn't verify my checking account. Well, of course not - they still hadn't sent the microdeposits at that point, so there was no way to enter the amounts. Save those messages, though - they've got a link you'll need once they do make the deposits. (these seem to be auto-generated to anyone who doesn't use their login verification method)

In my case, I was never advised by eBay that they had made the deposits - I found out when I logged in to my bank and saw them, noted the amount and came back to eBay, clicked the link to verify in one of the messages, entered the amounts and now my checking account is verified.

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I used micro depot and it worked fine.😁

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Update your account details by May 28, 2021, or your ability to revise or relist existing listings, or create new listings will be disabled and your Good ’Til Cancelled listings will be removed.

is what the message ebay sends you says, so yes have to synch it before 28th or listings will vanish. 

And I see simply ebay in the link they send you, just select your bank and can log into it via ebay and then select account. I just don't know now which of the 2 checking accounts I should link because as mentioned I only signed up for one checking account but it shows 2, so I'll have to call ebay and bank of america to make sure. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You'll find out soon enough.

@yeshy_us 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I have a buyer for an item, how do I get paid?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply