cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

someone lowered the price on one of my listings.

Here is a unique situation,  Awhile ago I was checking my listings to see what had sold and I noticed a sale of an item that I list for $15.00 had sold for $4.00.  This listing is a buy it now and has 30+ of the same item all the time, I never alter the price. So, I go to the listing and it was now pricwd at $4.50 and one had sold.  I revised it back to $15.00 then called ebay. I wanted to know who changed the price and of course no one had any answers. I contacted the one buyer, told them what had happened and they pay paled me the addittional money. I went back to the listing and checked to see if any revisions had been recorded and there was none, not even the one I had just made. I took a screenshot of the page with the $4.50 price on it. Ebay had no interest in looking into the matter so I did not pursue it either. I would think that there would be a security issue but nothing has happened since then.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

I do not find a $15 in your listings - or an item that sold for $4.50.

You're really not allowed to ask the buyer to send you more money.  If you cancel a transaction, that results in a defect.

All of your completed sales that I checked had BIN price changes in May (most of them were changed twice in May) and another price change two days ago, June 22.

DId I miss all that somehow - that you sell a $15 item, sold an item for $4.50, and did not change the price on that listing?

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

@*eponymous* wrote:

I do not find a $15 in your listings - or an item that sold for $4.50.

You're really not allowed to ask the buyer to send you more money.  If you cancel a transaction, that results in a defect.

All of your completed sales that I checked had BIN price changes in May (most of them were changed twice in May) and another price change two days ago, June 22.

DId I miss all that somehow - that you sell a $15 item, sold an item for $4.50, and did not change the price on that listing?

Looked through all of the listings and sales...nothing even remotely close to what OP is saying. Maybe on a different account?

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Very interesting listings. Never thought someone would buy or sale ladybugs.  Anyway I am sure no one came around and randomly changed the OP's prices. Always check your listings when you relist for accuracy.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Do you have someone working with you who might have changed the price? I'm not seeing any $15 items you sold recently. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

I believe you. Something strange is going on, look at this screen shot...the buyer was confused as to how he won for $164.99 when his maximum bid was $150...look at the bid history carefully and the opening bid....opening bid is $164.99 but there are 2 bids for less than that. In the revision history, it shows the minimum bid price was revised on June 17th and June 20th. The 2 bids were placed June 15th!

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Very strange as there are no listings for either sold, or unsold for the prices on your screen shot. You say the price was changed 2x so no one can make any facts or comments without seeing the listing from your screen shot. I didn't notice the seller's I.D., maybe post that so we can take a look.

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Very interesting listings. Never thought someone would buy or sale ladybugs.  Anyway I am sure no one came around and randomly changed the OP's prices. Always check your listings when you relist for accuracy.

People purchase lady beetles as a form of natural pest control in their garden as an alternative to using pesticides. There is a big difference between wild harvested and farm raised. This is actually a quick and decent read on the topic from treehugger.com if you're interested.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

coolections wrote:

Very strange as there are no listings for either sold, or unsold for the prices on your screen shot. You say the price was changed 2x so no one can make any facts or comments without seeing the listing from your screen shot. I didn't notice the seller's I.D., maybe post that so we can take a look.

Why can't you use the item number to pull up the listing? Its on the screen shot and I gave the facts. here's the revision history, screen shot

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 9 of 34
latest reply

The item number on that first screenshot is so tiny it is impossible to read and I'm looking at it on a 23" monitor.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

The item number on that first screenshot is so tiny it is impossible to read and I'm looking at it on a 23" monitor.

It is indeed small, but if your browser has a "zoom" feature you may find it to be very helpful in these instances. You can also use Ctrl + to zoom in and Ctrl - to zoom back out. 391815904207

On a Mac it's Cmd, not Ctrl or use the trackpad.

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Yes, I saw the item number but it is not showing up and your screenshot still has nothing to make me believe that Ebay did the seller wrong. I would need to see the complete listing as your screen shot does not tell the full story.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Yes, I saw the item number but it is not showing up and your screenshot still has nothing to make me believe that Ebay did the seller wrong. I would need to see the complete listing as your screen shot does not tell the full story.

It does not pull up in search for who knows what glitchy reason today, however you can pull it directly from the URL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/391815904207

Edit to fix link.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Why do my posts keep disappearing?! I even edited it for a typo and it's vanished!

It is not appearing in search by completeds for who knows what glitchy reason today, but you can go to the direct URL to find it. ebay.com/itm/#####

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Have you changed your login password just in case?

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 15 of 34
latest reply