cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

someone lowered the price on one of my listings.

Here is a unique situation,  Awhile ago I was checking my listings to see what had sold and I noticed a sale of an item that I list for $15.00 had sold for $4.00.  This listing is a buy it now and has 30+ of the same item all the time, I never alter the price. So, I go to the listing and it was now pricwd at $4.50 and one had sold.  I revised it back to $15.00 then called ebay. I wanted to know who changed the price and of course no one had any answers. I contacted the one buyer, told them what had happened and they pay paled me the addittional money. I went back to the listing and checked to see if any revisions had been recorded and there was none, not even the one I had just made. I took a screenshot of the page with the $4.50 price on it. Ebay had no interest in looking into the matter so I did not pursue it either. I would think that there would be a security issue but nothing has happened since then.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: someone lowered the price on one of my listings.

@badwolf12 wrote:

@coolections wrote:

Yes, I saw the item number but it is not showing up and your screenshot still has nothing to make me believe that Ebay did the seller wrong. I would need to see the complete listing as your screen shot does not tell the full story.

Why do my posts keep disappearing?! I even edited it for a typo and it's vanished!

It is not appearing in search by completeds for who knows what glitchy reason today, but you can go to the direct URL to find it. ebay.com/itm/#####

I can click on images to enlarge them, did you try that? I posted another screen shot with the listing number enlarged. The screen shots provide enough information. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

missjen316 wrote: 
I can click on images to enlarge them, did you try that? I posted another screen shot with the listing number enlarged. The screen shots provide enough information. 

Add me to the list of folks who can see that info in your screenshot, but cannot get any type of search to bring up that specific listing. However, it appears to be a dropship item that comes up in other listings, some using exactly the same odd punctuation in the title. I can't get any hit more recent than June 9th, though.

All that aside, are you either the buyer or the seller in that transaction? How did it come to your attention: is there another thread on that one here someplace?

My first guess, after looking at the transaction history, was that maybe it had a BuyItNow with Make Offer, and an auto-accept of $150 on the Make Offer, but perhaps something went Terribly Wrong when the buyer triggered the auto-accept, and he got billed for the opening price instead of his offer price. That's all I got...

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

missjen316 wrote: 

Add me to the list of folks who can see that info in your screenshot, but cannot get any type of search to bring up that specific listing. However, it appears to be a dropship item that comes up in other listings, some using exactly the same odd punctuation in the title. I can't get any hit more recent than June 9th, though.

All that aside, are you either the buyer or the seller in that transaction? How did it come to your attention: is there another thread on that one here someplace?

My first guess, after looking at the transaction history, was that maybe it had a BuyItNow with Make Offer, and an auto-accept of $150 on the Make Offer, but perhaps something went Terribly Wrong when the buyer triggered the auto-accept, and he got billed for the opening price instead of his offer price. That's all I got...

Thats odd because I am on a 13" macbook pro and I can see the item number clear enough. Anyway, the listing can be brought up by using this url http://www.ebay.com/itm/insert item number here

I'm not a party to that transaction. The buyer came to member to member support for help a few days ago. It was an auction, not a buy-it-now. They bid $124 then $150 and somehow won the auction for $164.99. if you look at the bid history, it says the starting bid was $164.00 BUT bids of $124 and $150 were placed 10-20 minutes apart by the same bidder. And if you look at the revision history, it shows the starting bid was revised AFTER the 2 bids were placed. I will be right back with a link to the listing.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Here is a link to the listing http://www.ebay.com/itm/391815904207

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

If the starting bid was $164 there's no WAY bids of less should have been accepted - that's nuts.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
If the starting bid was $164 there's no WAY bids of less should have been accepted - that's nuts.

Yep. That's the point.

Bid made on 6/15. Short time after max bid was increased.

On 6/17 the starting price was revised to a higher price than either bid?! That should not have happened.

Not only that, but both bids are from the same buyer. Their original bid should not have increased if nobody bid against them.

And in the end the buyer was charged the "revised starting price" instead of their initial bid?

Something is obviously messed up.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

badwolf12 wrote: 

On 6/17 the starting price was revised to a higher price than either bid?! That should not have happened.

Not only that, but both bids are from the same buyer. Their original bid should not have increased if nobody bid against them.

And in the end the buyer was charged the "revised starting price" instead of their initial bid?

I agree. I think it's Trinton Time™. This is way beyond what a Philippines CS rep is going to be able to figure out. @Anonymous, have you already seen this in the Member to Member forum? Is there a software problem here, either in the OP's problem or this later example?

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

badwolf12 wrote: 

I agree. I think it's Trinton Time™. This is way beyond what a Philippines CS rep is going to be able to figure out. @Anonymous, have you already seen this in the Member to Member forum? Is there a software problem here, either in the OP's problem or this later example?

Trinton was notified on the original post 🙂

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@a_c_green wrote:

badwolf12 wrote: 

Hey we are looking into this right now to see what may have happened! Thanks for grabbing me! I'll be sure to update when I have more information!

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey we are looking into this right now to see what may have happened! Thanks for grabbing me! I'll be sure to update when I have more information!

This may or may not be related, but does affect the same part of town: I noticed when looking at the bid histories of some of my current auctions yesteray that one or more bids were no longer being shown. The auction itself seemed to be going normally, and all prices were what they should be, but the Bid History page was showing incomplete data, with some intermediate bids missing. (This is not a matter of showing or not showing the "automatic bids" and I'm not referring to those. This was a problem of real bids simply disappearing without affecting the price.)

For example, one of my auctions had opened at $19.95, received two bids and was now at $35.00. I knew that the lead bidder was the later one, and had surpassed the earlier bidder's $34.00 bid, but the Bid History page was only showing the opening price line and the lead bidder (at $35.00). There was no hint of what happened to the previous bidder or his $34.00 bid.

Whatever was going wrong in the Bid History listings yesterday seems to have been corrected today, and they're all now showing complete data once again, including the second-place $34.00 bidder in this example.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Yes, I saw the item number but it is not showing up and your screenshot still has nothing to make me believe that Ebay did the seller wrong. I would need to see the complete listing as your screen shot does not tell the full story.

Try right clicking with your mouse and select view image. When the picture comes up in a new window, if you still cannot see it, right click and save the pic. You can then view the pic and enlarge it. Otherwise, just go the listing and find view revisions down the page on the left, and click the link.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 26 of 34
latest reply

YES!  This just happened to me, too! 

I had an item listed for $12.99, but it sold for $10! I did NOT Lower the price. Even when I click on "view transaction details" it's still showing it was listed for $12.99! But, the buyer bought it on BIN and paid $10 for it.  It's impossible that could happen! I never changed the price!  

I think this is a scam! The buyer only has a feedback score of 50. I'm going back to check all my sales, changing my password, canceling this sale and reporting this buyer.  

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

@sweetpetiteboutique wrote:

YES!  This just happened to me, too! 

I had an item listed for $12.99, but it sold for $10! I did NOT Lower the price. Even when I click on "view transaction details" it's still showing it was listed for $12.99! But, the buyer bought it on BIN and paid $10 for it.  It's impossible that could happen! I never changed the price!  

I think this is a scam! The buyer only has a feedback score of 50. I'm going back to check all my sales, changing my password, canceling this sale and reporting this buyer.  

You can't report the buyer for anything. Whatever glitch is going on, its not the buyer, they can't manually change prices. 

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

How can it still be showing listed as $12.99, but the buyer paid $10?  I'm not going to take the hit on this if it's an eBay glitch. How can I contact eBay? 

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

I know what happened now. All is good.
Message 30 of 34
latest reply