cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipment sent to wrong buyer my mistake

I had several orders going out and did not realize that I had printed the same label for a previous package and attached it to another package. I received info from the first buyer stating she received two packages, hers and the one with her label on it but something she didn't order.  I contacted the buyer of the book to advise him but don' t know how to get his book to him without having to have it returned to me at my expense and then shipping it back out.  Any ideas

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: shipment sent to wrong buyer my mistake

@jun-harte 

You'll have to pay to have it returned to you, then you ship it to the right buyer.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It appears that you DO know how to fix this.  You need to ask the buyer who received something she did not order to return that to you at your expense.  You need to tell that other buyer what happened, if you haven't already and ask if he wants a refund or if he wants to still receive it (again at your expense).  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@jun-harte 

You'll have to pay to have it returned to you, then you ship it to the right buyer.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Best, at this moment, to just refund the buyer of the book shipped in error.  Depending upon the value of the book you might pay to have it returned to you to relist.  Explain the situation to the buyer of the book and ask them to file and INR facilitate the refund.  Then inform them that you are willing to relist if and when you get the book back.  You might offer them a slight discount when relisted via a best offer option.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Depending on the buyer who received the item, I have been able to arrange a shipping label from them to the correct location and then emailing that label. The recipient then put the label on the package and dropped it in the mail. I'm sure not every buyer would do this, but there are nice  honest people who will. Worth asking them.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply