cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling an used dirty, uncleaned item

I've just seen an item f/s in the computer parts section of a disgusting looking used motherboard heatsink fan that is nasty.  Dust, dirty, ugly its just plain nasty.  Cant Ebay do something about someone selling such equipment or parts like that? No way i would buy it and then take the risk of cleaning it up to use.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: selling an used dirty, uncleaned item

Its some thing that you need, or want to buy at a cheaper price.  Even if its duty or needs cleaning.  Like I say, you are getting it at a cheaper price.  That simple...

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

You have two possible actions.

Make a low Best Offer that reflects your doubts about  your time spent cleaning it and whether it would work.

Send a Message to the Seller that you would consider the purchase if the item were cleaned up and relisted.

Either could put you on the Seller's Blocked Bidder List.

Doing nothing and moving on is not an action.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

You can see the condition it's in and if you don't  want the dirty thing don't buy it. If they cleaned it the price might be more. 

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Ebay cannot remove a listing just because of lazy sellers. I have seen thousands of filthy items listed on Ebay. I even went as far as offering someone $5 through PP just to remove their trash, of course they just laughed and kept it listed. Eventually after no takers they finally removed the item.  Just hit the back button.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Hey - it's eBay lol.  There are people who list trashy items on here.  It makes our carefully cleaned and presented items look all the better!

Just don't give them your money.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Why do you care?

If you don'tike the way it looks DON'T BUY IT!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

It is a reflections of what type of seller you might be  dealing  or not dealing with..  Your call.

My  Dad always told us you may have to wear  worn out clothes but as long as the are clean and pressed you still have Pride and that no one can ever take away..  He came from  the  "old" country.- Italy. (not the island).and fought in WW I for the USA. - have his 4 battle bars & Purple Heart.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Wow your Dad fought in WWI? You must be really old and still on eBay. Interesting.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Why bother getting upset? Why waste your energy? Plenty of sellers, so just move on.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Is there a cutoff date for when you can be on eBay?

Am asking because I am 89 and my dad fought in WWI.  He was 42 when I was born.  

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@zachery383 wrote:

I've just seen an item f/s in the computer parts section of a disgusting looking used motherboard heatsink fan that is nasty.  Dust, dirty, ugly its just plain nasty.  Cant Ebay do something about someone selling such equipment or parts like that? No way i would buy it and then take the risk of cleaning it up to use.

eBay does not remove listings or force sellers to clean their items simply because a listing does not appeal to one buyer out of the 165 million buyers on the site. 

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

I buy used electronics and I would rather have a dirty motherboard than one damaged by improper cleaning.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Some of my best sales had stains!!! I couldn't get them out and the value of the items were valuable/rare. So Its not like I'm going to toss them out! The buyers didn't seem to have any issues ! So whats the problem? 

I'm talking specifically sports memorabilia, nobody seem to care one way or the other when it came to dirty or stains.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

@zachery383 wrote:

I really do not see the problem, do not like something? do not buy it. At least the condition was evident from the pictures and not discovered after a purchase.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply