cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

" You Still Have Time to Avoid Fees" New fees that kill TRS

So I just got an email from ebay telling me that if I dont act now I am going to be hit with an additional 4% final value fees on ALL my sales because I have high "item not as described" returns.

But this is on the heals of them dropping my 20% discount down to 10% and taking that away if I dont offer free returns. 

Most of these returns are because the buyer does not want to pay the return shipping but I get more returns if I offer free returns. 

The rest of my returns are "not as described" because they were sold AS IS and the only way a buyer can return an item (that they did not read) that was sold AS IS is to open a "item not as described" return.

Earlier this year ebay took away the ability to despute a buyers reason for return, because "they had to many desputes"... Duh!

So what am I to do now? My sales have been steadly dropping they started implementing all this in Feb and now they want to charge me more for less? 

It seams that ebay just wants to get rid of all the small business that have made up the backbone of their bussiness for years

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Got the same email.

That's eBay for you. Punishing sellers since inception.

Message 2 of 65
latest reply

Can you take a screenshot of your seller dashboard and post it for us to see? a lot of times it's easier to help a seller when we know what their dashboard looks like.
Message 3 of 65
latest reply

That is the main reason you should have a returns accepted policy, you wouldn't have gotten a lot of the snads.

Message 4 of 65
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@highlido wrote: So what am I to do now?

You've been flagged because your SNAD rate is considered higher than others in your category and price range. Look at sold listings in your category and figure out what your competitors are doing different. I looked at 2 of your listings and there was no description outside of item condition - add descriptions so the buyer knows exactly what they are getting. You can expand your inventory to different categories and you can change your listings from free shipping to charged shipping then add free returns.

Message 5 of 65
latest reply

I can't believe that eBay will have such a stupid idea to compare sellers in this way and ready to impose much higher seller fees. Sellers like me who sells USED items obviously will have a much higher return rate compared to the sellers who sell brand new items. High value item is also subject much higher return rate compared to smaller items with value less than $10. How could you possibly to measure sellers in this way and trying to increase the final value fee 66% higher? It is in insane! I am a top-rated powerseller with close to 100% positive and my feedback "item as described" rate is 4.9/5. If I am in risk of getting such an increas on the final value fee. The system has some obvious problems. Whoever popped out this idea at eBay should be fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 65
latest reply

Why was I thinking that the increase in fees would only apply to the catagories where you had issues?  So now it’s ALL catagories? 

Plus i I find it more than disingenuous that eBay under the guise of making it a better place for buyers when they stand to finincially benefit from a sellers failure. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 7 of 65
latest reply

@highlido

"Unresolved by seller" returns is one of the biggest factors in falling below standard resulting in 4% increased FVF, followed  by suspension.

Did you have "unresolved by seller" (eBay had to step in) cases.

Message 8 of 65
latest reply

NOT A SINGLE ONE 

I resolve EVERY one of my returns 

I am top rated with everything as good as it is possible to be for seller rating.

It is only this new standard that ebay has added after making it impossible to contest the reason selected by a buyer

Message 9 of 65
latest reply

Look at it on a computer 

Every one of my listings has a detailed description.

The main reason I have people opening "more" return requsts than others as "item not described" is that is the only way to return an item that has no returns accepted. 

Message 10 of 65
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@highlido wrote:

Look at it on a computer 

Every one of my listings has a detailed description.

The main reason I have people opening "more" return requsts than others as "item not described" is that is the only way to return an item that has no returns accepted. 

Then why not accept returns to mitigate that problem?

Your descriptions are not visible at all in Firefox. I switched to another browser and can see descriptions if I scroll over to the right.

Whatever template you're using comes with code that's creating a display problem. Your descriptions are basic - switch everything to plain text and that should help.

Message 11 of 65
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

Why was I thinking that the increase in fees would only apply to the catagories where you had issues?  So now it’s ALL catagories?

It is by category. The OP either misread the warning or they are having problems in all categories.

Message 12 of 65
latest reply

Does anyone know what percentage triggers this warning?  Is it different for different categories?  I sure hope the increase in fees only applies to the specific problematic category and not across the board.  My husband sells in the risky ones but we use the same account.

Message 13 of 65
latest reply

If we could get a screenshot of your dashboard it would help 

Message 14 of 65
latest reply

Someone on Facebook posted a screenshot of their warning and it kicked in at 1.97% in Clothing/Shoes?/Accessories. 

Message 15 of 65
latest reply