cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sent offers"

Hello everyone. I wanted to ask if any of yall have had this experience and if you had any tips on how to get better results.

So, most times that my items become eligible to "Send offer to buyer", I send a good offer with a very fair price and say something along the lines of "I can ship tomorrow/today if you decide to buy."

I feel that 9/10 times, my offers are completely ignored for the entire 48 hours and then expire. This disables me from changing the price of the item to possibly make a sale to someone else. And it does not happen once or twice, as i said it happens 9 out of every 10 times i send someone an offer. My items are priced very fairly, I always offer free shipping, and I have very good feedback, so I cannot figure out why so many of my offers sent to buyers are being ignored. Has anyone else had this experience? Can anyone share with me anything they may have done to increase their chances of at least hearing back from a potential buyer or getting a counteroffer even? Thank you

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: "Sent offers"

Hun, it's just a "wait and see game" you have a good variety of items and your prices are very reasonable. Lots of watchers hold an item to do research or compare as I do, but if it's something I might possibly buy, I'll watch it and if an offer comes thru I'll buy it! Just keep sending offers, someone just may nibble on your line! Best to you, Silver

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

That's really nice and encouraging, thank you very much! I will definitely take your advice!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

As silverstatetreasureboxes stated some people, myself included,  may be watching to use as research for something that they may put up or are just curious about.

I send out offers and the majority are not accepted. 

It never hurts to through it out there. 

The best of luck on your sales this fall.

Happy Fall,

Grandma 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Believe it or not, some folks are not on eBay or read their email everyday.  Out of every 10 or so I send out, 1 is accepted, maybe 1 is rejected and the rest are ignored or not seen in the allotted time.  Just the way it is.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I rarely get a sale, or even a nibble from a sent offer.  I do notice an increase in folks asking for a lower price on an item.  Sometimes we can, and sometimes cannot.

"I need a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions."
Maria Bamford, comedian
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I have maybe a 25% sell rate on offers I send. it was quite a bit lower than that, but I've been sending more lately and have had a somewhat better success rate. still, you get a lot of no responses and lowball counters. overall, I like the feature.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

"I feel that 9/10 times, my offers are completely ignored for the entire 48 hours and then expire. T...

I found this on the help pages:

Is the item locked while an offer is open? What if someone else wants to buy?

Having an open offer does not prevent others from buying the item. In addition, any offers that haven’t been accepted will be canceled when the item is sold or multi-sku items are sold out to another buyer.

I hope this helps.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@notoriousk1cks wrote:

I cannot figure out why so many of my offers sent to buyers are being ignored. Has anyone else had this experience? Can anyone share with me anything they may have done to increase their chances of at least hearing back from a potential buyer or getting a counteroffer even? Thank you

I think you are simply over-estimating the interest that "interested buyers" have in your item.

If the interested buyers were really interested, they would have bought it already. And a fair number of people who showed interest in your item may have already bought from another seller.

I have 1200 items listed on my various selling accounts, and send offers to interested buyers about once a month. 9 out of 10 being ignored is about what I experience.

As for "hearing back" from a buyer about an offer, I don;t think I've ever heard back from a buyer unless they are one of the 5-10% who simply purchase the item at the offer price.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Back when the send offer feature was new, I had amazing results, fully two-thirds of my offers were accepted. As time went on it became less and less and here's why:

As a buyer, when more and more sellers started using it, more and more emails started flooding my inbox that I don't have time to deal with.  I would get offers within hours, if not minutes, of watching an item.  I may be missing out on some deals, but I just don't have the time to check through 20+ offer emails on my buyer account. I'm sure it's the same for many buyers.

You will get your best result IMO when you send offers for items that have had watchers for a long time, because that price discount just might be the spark to get them to purchase. JMHO

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 10 of 10
latest reply