cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Dropshipping" or "Dropship" as part of Title/Name of listing

Hi, I was searching for a particular jewelry item and came across a Seller who puts the word dropshipping in her titles.  She is listed as in USA and seems to ship from the USA as well.   

Can anyone think of why Dropshipping or Dropship would be in the title?

Thanks.  

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: "Dropshipping" or "Dropship" as part of Title/Name of listing

@retailswamy You resurrected 2 "dead" threads this morning from 6 months & 3 months ago.

If you have any questions or points of view on the topic of drop shipping I would suggest creating a new thread.

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

@copper.boom wrote:

@retailswamy You resurrected 2 "dead" threads this morning from 6 months & 3 months ago.

If you have any questions or points of view on the topic of drop shipping I would suggest creating a new thread.

IDK, they also gave a completey incorrect response, so starting a new thread may not be the best course of action.

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

I was trying to deter them from dredging up more old threads in a nice way.

If they started a topic with incorrect info then maybe responses from other posters would help them to learn the correct process.

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

Who cares how old the thread is. Dropshipping is old news, but is it relevant?

Many sellers on Amazon dropship their own  stock from Amazon fulfillment where their items are stored.  

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

@do.you.read.me wrote:

Who cares how old the thread is.

Starting new threads helps it get found easier.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 35 of 41
latest reply

Ha. I found it pretty easily, and I wasn't even looking for it.  My community feed is defaulted to all current threads.  So basically, if it's got recent action, it's new to me whether it's a necro thread or freshly minted.

Message 36 of 41
latest reply

I meant to say that many eBay sellers who also list the same inventory on other sites will dropship their own items to an ebay buyer from the amazon fulfillment center. Most I've run across will caution buyers to not worry when their items show up in an amazon box.
Message 37 of 41
latest reply

Who cares how old the thread is.

Anyone who understands how quickly eBay rules and conditions change.  Even 3 or 6 month old threads can be out of date for policy info, and thus potentially problematic for anyone reading it who doesn't know that things have changed.

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

Re: Item location....

Why does eBay have this policy?

Buyers should have complete information about an item's location so that they can be aware of all the costs associated with purchasing the item. The item location must be clear and accurate.  This policy helps avoid any misunderstandings, unexpectedly high shipping costs for buyers, and longer than expected shipping times.

Nothing new in policy, 6 months later.  It's pertinent.  What's the problem?  If this were a 6 year old thread....but it ain't.

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

@retailswamy wrote:
not if they listed their listing as private. It won't reveal.

Ok, had to look back at Jan. to see what you're talking about. I stand by what I said. 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 40 of 41
latest reply

@do.you.read.me wrote:
I meant to say that many eBay sellers who also list the same inventory on other sites will dropship their own items to an ebay buyer from the amazon fulfillment center. Most I've run across will caution buyers to not worry when their items show up in an amazon box.

That's not dropshipping. Thats using Amazon's warehouse for fulfillment. The seller owns the stock and pays for storage and processing.