cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Dropshipping" or "Dropship" as part of Title/Name of listing

Hi, I was searching for a particular jewelry item and came across a Seller who puts the word dropshipping in her titles.  She is listed as in USA and seems to ship from the USA as well.   

Can anyone think of why Dropshipping or Dropship would be in the title?

Thanks.  

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: "Dropshipping" or "Dropship" as part of Title/Name of listing

But we all know they are held to a much lower standard of compliance than US sellers.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 16 of 41
latest reply

The two are not mutually exclusive.  You can have someone else ship your products, but you MUST state accurately where the ITEM IS LOCATED and will be shipped from.

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 17 of 41
latest reply

Adding "drop ship" to a title is a great way to let buyers know: 1.  The seller does not possess the product. 2.  The seller cannot provide additional photos. 3.  The seller cannot combine orders or discount shipping cost. 4.  The seller may or may not be in the same city, state or country as the product. 5.  The product is new, in current production and available in quantity. 6.  The product is available cheaper from another source. By the way, the ITEM LOCATION is tied to the shipping calculation and the delivery window.  A seller need not be in the same location as the product; a generic "United States" usually means the seller has multiple locations (warehouse, distributor/manufacturer, sales representative, vacation home, etc.) or travels extensively. ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 18 of 41
latest reply

@duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:
 By the way, the ITEM LOCATION is tied to the shipping calculation and the delivery window.  A seller need not be in the same location as the product; a generic "United States" usually means the seller has multiple locations (warehouse, distributor/manufacturer, sales representative, vacation home, etc.) or travels extensively. ~~C~~

That is not allowed under the policy linked above.

Message 19 of 41
latest reply

Your seller is registered in China.  He/she uses a distribution company in California.   Shipping delays may occur if the company needs to wait for a fresh supply from China. Also, the address for returns is in China. ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Message 20 of 41
latest reply

Most major suppliers of CD's, DVD's and other mass-produced products have multiple warehouses. Generally, they select the warehouse closest to the buyer, but retain the option to ship from whatever location has inventory. That's why combining orders often is not feasible and no discount is available. Orders may be sent together in a single package or separately, at the seller's discretion.

Some eBay sellers are always on the road and carry their inventory with them. Vagabond sellers don't have a permanent zip code. They may be retired and traveling in an RV or they may be on the show circuit. They replenish inventory along the way and accept orders and ship from wherever they happen to be!

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Message 21 of 41
latest reply

I hate dropshippers, and the word will never be strong enough.

One of the last who did it on me, a book which is neither rare nor out of print, had it ship from the river with the dreaded "a gift for you".

Not only I abhor the river, but the book was not new.

It was meant as a Christmas present, had to buy another present and trash the not so cheap dropshipped stinky thing

Message 22 of 41
latest reply

Your seller is registered in China.  He/she uses a distribution company in California.   Shipping delays may occur if the company needs to wait for a fresh supply from China. Also, the address for returns is in China. ~~C~~

If the item location is in the USA, it could be shipped from the moon but the return address would still be have to be in the USA, not china.

@chrysylys wrote:

By the way, the ITEM LOCATION is tied to the shipping calculation and the delivery window.  A seller need not be in the same location as the product; a generic "United States" usually means the seller has multiple locations (warehouse, distributor/manufacturer, sales representative, vacation home, etc.) or travels extensively. ~~C~~

That is not allowed under the policy linked above 

Yes, but unfortunately the policy does not prevent thousands and thousands of sellers from doing it and getting away with it. 

Message 24 of 41
latest reply

Personally I think you should have to actually be in posession of your inventory in order to list it. Sellers of dropshipped items many times will fight tooth and nail over a return as many times they cant return it themselfs. Buyers dealing with sellers like that makes us all look bad.
Message 25 of 41
latest reply

I asked the seller what she/he meant by Dropshipping in the title and this was the answer I just received:
"we can ship to your customers directly,no any invoice and documents in package.
Most our designs come in multiple colors,both auction listings and buy it now listings,there are links to all in item description,openm main page please."
Message 26 of 41
latest reply

Very poor knowledge of English, very vague explanations more or less knowingly unclear?

I wouldn't buy

Message 27 of 41
latest reply

The seller in question is in China. The "return address" on the package is in California. However, when a dissatisfied U.S. buyer requests a prepaid return label, none is available because the "address on file" is in China. The buyer is told to pay return postage with no guarantee he/she will be reimbursed.

There's an extensive thread about this seller on the board, including photos.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Message 28 of 41
latest reply

@chrysylys

They don't enforce it at all.

I know people who set their ebay up in one state and never changed it when they move.

It's only a problem if you use calculated shipping.

I ship all flat rate, only a couple of returns in 6 years, (2 in all)

Both times the buyer paid to ship back on their dime.

But they never opened return cases, just a message to me.

Message 29 of 41
latest reply

not if they listed their listing as private. It won't reveal.
Message 30 of 41
latest reply