cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Best Offer" showing up on auctions??

Hey everyone.

Has anyone else had the "best offer" option start showing up on auctions?

I typically use the "best offer" option on my BIN fixed price listings, but I've never heard of it showing up at auction before. I didn't even think it was possible to have an offer feature on an auction, but it's showing up on everything I list today. Obviously, when I list an item at auction, the minimum bid is the lowest I'll accept, so I don't even see why eBay would consider making this an option. I already get plenty of lowball offers & the last thing I need is offers below my minimum bid, and there's not even a BIN price on these listings.

I list several items a week for auction, and I didn't do anything different this time, so I'm wondering why it's showing up, or if there's something in my default settings that was somehow changed?

Is it visible on a page that's not my account?

I called eBay CS, but all they could really tell me was that it SHOULDN'T be an option, and ask me to decline any offers I recieve while the auction is running.

Anybody else running into this??

Message 1 of 197
latest reply
196 REPLIES 196

Re: "Best Offer" showing up on auctions??

Yes, i just listed some auctions friday night and it is on some of mine. Funny thing is that the auction are actually items I relisted and when I relisted from fixed price to auction it said I had a problem that I had to take best offer off before relisting which I did. Then couple I noticed after listing them they have best offer on them anyways. I don't get it.
Message 196 of 197
latest reply

Re: "Best Offer" showing up on auctions??

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

I wanted to step in and provide an update on this topic. We have identified an issue where the Best Offer option was incorrectly added to some auction listings that were created between October 8th and 10th. We are actively working on a fix for the impacted listings. We have identified affected sellers and will email them with further instructions. We will be testing this feature with a small number of lower-volume consumer sellers in the coming weeks.

Elton John called. He said to let you know "The Glitch Is Back".

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 197 of 197
latest reply