cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"A question about eBay,

"A question about eBay,
eBay is too harsh for the seller,
I've been selling for nearly 15 years.. I've been trying my best to the seller, sometimes losing money and refunding all the problems to the buyer any reason, I know there are buyers who bother me with fraud sometimes
That said, if eBay puts me a limit on sales or prices, this is not justified, "for example: I have 50 items, but due to eBay policy selling limits I listed 1 and the buyer wanted 5, This is not eBay's sales revitalization, but rather a regression, so I I'm leaving eBay sales for the end of this month, I lost interest in eBay sales, "What would you think this my opinion?
Please let me know if there is another good way,
thanks..

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: "A question about eBay,

Does eBay treat the seller as a bad seller, even with bad records of my sales records 1-2 years ago? On average, you sell 200 to 300 items per month buy it now listing another closed my account, but do you do so with 5 to 6 defective items or damage in transit? This isn't justified... I'm not intentionally trying to disappoint the buyer.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@paragonelectronics8020 wrote:

So, does eBay treat the seller as a bad seller with records of even one or two years ago? I sold 200 to 300 items buy it now listing per month. Do you do so with 5 to 6 defective items or damage during transportation per year, This isn't justified... I'm not intentionally trying to disappoint the buyer.

Thanks..

For a short post there is a bit to unpack there.

It appears to me that you need to get better acquainted with your Seller Dashboard.  All you info is there as well as explanations and reports.

Depending on the seller size, Ebay stats that a seller is eval'd on go back 90 days or 12 months.

You do NOT get a defect because an item is damaged in transit unless you buyer opens a claim and you refuse to take care of them so that Ebay has to step in and rule for the buyer.  If you take care of it and Ebay doesn't get involved, there is no defect.

It appears you aren't really sure of how these stats are collected and used.  

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-stan...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

As I've heard before, I've heard that Amazon took eBay sellers, but it seems that eBay is too harsh. Shouldn't we make you prefer eBay? There may be things I don't know about eBay policy either.. I mean, eBay can be liked by more people.. I just gave my personal opinion for further development,
Thank you,

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@paragonelectronics8020 wrote:

As I've heard before, I've heard that Amazon took eBay sellers, but it seems that eBay is too harsh. Shouldn't we make you prefer eBay? There may be things I don't know about eBay policy either.. I mean, eBay can be liked by more people.. I just gave my personal opinion for further development,
Thank you,

I don't know what you mean by "...Amazon took Ebay sellers..."?  There are many sellers here that sell on Amazon too.  I know I do.  

"Shouldn't we make you prefer eBay? "  How do you propose to "make" someone or me do that???

OMG if you think you have issues on Ebay, try to work something out on Amazon!!!

I respect that you are just expressing your opinion on things you would like the site to do.  But the site doesn't do what you said in the first place so what would change?  Which is why I provided you with some information so you could understand how they currently do what you were talking about.  If you don't know how the system works currently, it is kind of hard to make suggestions on how they should change things.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 19
latest reply