cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel an automatic Unpaid Item Claim

I sold an item with a Buy It Now / Best Offer, and the buyer contacted me after I accepted his offer. The buyer said he wouldn't have the money for a week, and asked me to be patient. I was willing to wait, so I replied that I would wait. -- After several days, eBay automatically started an Unpaid Item Claim, which upset the buyer who I told I would wait. I explained what happened, and he is still planning to buy/pay.

Is there a way to cancel/suspend an Unpaid Item Claim so it doesn't kill this transaction altogether?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I think it is in your site preferences under the account drop down menu.

You may be able to change the setting so it won't automatically close in 4 days...or whatever the timeframe is

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@esmeet5 wrote:

Is there a way to cancel/suspend an Unpaid Item Claim so it doesn't kill this transaction altogether?

You won't be able to close it without giving the buyer an unpaid item defect.

If you have it set to automatically close, you should be able to adjust that so it won't close and give the buyer the time to pay.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Buyer Requirements Exemption List

This is what you are looking for

You can add your buyers I.D. to this and it will prevent an automatic unpaid item case from opening towards your buyer

It works like a lay-away so to speak

It gives your buyer time to pay without any negativity being brought forward

I have used this a few times for buyers needing more time to pay

Just search it and you will find it in the buyer requirements area unless it has been moved,It has been a long time since i located this,Since i have my page bookmarked

Best Of Luck and Many Sales To You!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You don't want/need to cancel the unpaid item claim. You just want to prevent it from closing automatically 4 days after it opened.  Turn off the UIA but leave the claim open in case he never pays.  You can turn off already-opened UIA claims following the instructions here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-item-assistant.html

Message 5 of 5
latest reply