cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

promotions

For the past couple months when I list a new auction item the last thing I have to do is say no to promoting the listin. The reason I hit that X button is because ebay wants 3.99 to promote a 5.99 item or 1.99 for 3.99 etc. In other words if my item sells thru promotion I would lose money. What bone head came up with this fee to value ratio. Worse yet how many bone heads are falling for it.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: promotions

You do know that you can select your promotion rate, right?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Not for an auction, it will only get cheaper to promote the closer it gets to end time 

Think it will go down a dollar when it nears 2-3 days left in a 7 day auction 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

My ignorance is showing. I was not aware that you could promote an auction. Look, I learned something new!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The ones falling for it are those listing in oversaturated categories were there may be 30 pages and buyers are never going to search 30 pages. The cost is to get your item closer to page one. With that said anyone listing "at auction" anything with more than two pages should not be listing at auction.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Are you talking about auctions or for fixed price?

I would never use promotions on an auction unless it was something extremely high value.

However for fixed price if you use 1%-5% it will help your sell through dramatically.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm a bonehead with promotions and it's working tremendously well for me. But maybe I'd say it isn't working well so I get more performance out of my dollar if less people use it too.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply