cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no view no sales

ive had no views and no sales,  on two store on my one store no sales in 14 days! organic views were 0 the other day and today promoted are 0... please explain what is going on!  

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

no view no sales

I couldn’t even begin to explain it. But I can guess.

You sell in two of the most highly saturated categories on eBay. Shoes and clothing. We are only into the third day of the month. Let’s see what the rest of the month brings. 

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

no view no sales

Are you using Promoted listings?
Unless you're willing to pay ebay 30% of your sales, nobody will see them anymore.
Sellers not using them have their items buried beneath thousands of sellers who are in the search function.
Do what we did.
Just quit selling on ebay.

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

no view no sales

I see that you had enough also and walked out the Ebay door also. Your NOT Alone......

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

no view no sales

Others are experiencing it too, as per this thread.  Ebay opened an ALERT on the 0 views & is now claiming it's been 'fixed', as stated in this thread.   I also sell clothing & something is up for sure, it's ridiculously dead.  I went 3 days w/o a sale at 3x your number of listings & I promote heavily.  This is not normal & everyone didn't suddenly stop buying clothes.  

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Significant-Drops-in-eBay-Impressions-and-Organic-Page-Views-A...

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

no view no sales

Strange here, too - despite being a quite small seller, I have daily sales but they slowed to one a day, and then none, pretty abruptly. I'm used to ups and downs (they seem to be more pronounced the smaller one is) but they've always been dependent on whether I'm active on the platform or not - I absolutely *have* to list almost daily to be seen - but the drop is sudden.  I realise clothing is super-saturated, but then again, it's something that everyone needs and uses, it's not like I'm selling unobtanium-plated toilet seats.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

no view no sales

Also, just FYI I think Papagallo is spelled wrong in your title.  

You know your sales better than I do, but I took a peek at your offerings & I will say that considering that the majority of your items are Walmart brands, the prices do seem high for WM items.   I very rarely sell WM, so IDK, maybe they are commanding those prices, but it's just something I noticed. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

no view no sales

"Womens Ankle Sneakers"

Those are called 'hi-tops' or high tops.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

no view no sales

There's currently people pretending like this doesn't happen in a thread I posted because "I sell clothing and that's saturated".

I explained to them dozens of times nearly everything I post has extremely high sellthrough (60-200%) and their canned response is to circle back to "Clothing and shoes are saturated" despite me promoting up to 10-15% and getting next to no views after undercutting all other listings.

If I can't even get window shoppers on this site, something's EXTREMELY wrong.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

no view no sales

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Strange here, too - despite being a quite small seller, I have daily sales but they slowed to one a day, and then none, pretty abruptly. I'm used to ups and downs (they seem to be more pronounced the smaller one is) but they've always been dependent on whether I'm active on the platform or not - I absolutely *have* to list almost daily to be seen - but the drop is sudden.  I realise clothing is super-saturated, but then again, it's something that everyone needs and uses, it's not like I'm selling unobtanium-plated toilet seats.

Yup, I'm normally good for 2 sales a day, no matter what.  Even if I haven't been listing (though I have up until 2 days ago when I had a family emergency), I still typically get 2 sales a day.  I went 3 days with no sales & around the that, the most I've had is 1 sale/day & all of those have been b/c of offers I've sent.  Something is up for sure.   Also, no ASQ's or anything else, just totally dead.  I was also affected by the 0 Organic Views bug.  

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

no view no sales

@aldelbertmatthew wrote:

There's currently people pretending like this doesn't happen in a thread I posted because "I sell clothing and that's saturated".

I explained to them dozens of times nearly everything I post has extremely high sellthrough (60-200%) and their canned response is to circle back to "Clothing and shoes are saturated" despite me promoting up to 10-15% and getting next to no views after undercutting all other listings.

What do you want them to say?

"Everyone wants to buy your stuff but ebay is somehow preventing them from doing so."

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 11 of 32
latest reply

no view no sales

Acknowledging that there's an issue would be great and pretending that there isn't some giant 16 page thread of people really angry at the moment.

Along with pretending like there isn't multiple major Youtube eBay reseller channels saying the site's broken and you might want to start cross-listing to keep sales consistent.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

no view no sales

@ebooksdiva wrote:

I couldn’t even begin to explain it. But I can guess.

You sell in two of the most highly saturated categories on eBay. Shoes and clothing. We are only into the third day of the month. Let’s see what the rest of the month brings. 

Please don't take this as bitterness, but if you can't explain something why make a guess, namely one that makes the op sound like a fool, based on their choice of inventory.  Imagine if this was happening to you, and someone replied to "inform" you that audiobooks on CD is a saturated market, or that it's outdated, "Who even has a CD player anymore?"  Or maybe they say your prices are too high, or you're not promoting enough.  In other words it's not Ebay; it's YOU ....but you KNOW your category, and you KNOW your views and sales were doing great but all of a sudden, literally overnight, it's like you're an invisible ghost on the platform.  

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

no view no sales

@inhawaii wrote:

@aldelbertmatthew wrote:

What do you want them to say?

"Everyone wants to buy your stuff but ebay is somehow preventing them from doing so."

Except there have been widespread issues reported concerning organic views.

Incidentally, mine 'caught up' this morning, where there were 0 showing, there are now multiples (and more than I would expect depending on item)  - one shot up 36%. 

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 32
latest reply

no view no sales

@aldelbertmatthew wrote:

Acknowledging that there's an issue would be great 

What would be the issue ? 

Message 15 of 32
latest reply