cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help, charged auction duration fee for error that I immediately corrected

Hi, so in early June I had made a listing for an item wereI accidently placed an auction duration of 3 days instead of the usual 7 days I do.  I didnt notice this until after I had finalized the auction. When I checked the item's auction page a few minutes later I noticed my mistake & changed it quickly using the revise your item button. I was able to switch it back to 7 days. There had been no bids yet on it of course. However today I get my invoice and noticed I was still charged the  $1 fee for 3 days. Why was I charged when I had fixed the error? it even still shows up as 7 day auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fairyland-head-BJD-Realfee-Real-Fee-Sira-face-plate-tiny-doll-elf-unpainted-...?

Is there any way I can get this fixed/get the fee removed?

thanks...

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: need help, charged auction duration fee for error that I immediately corrected

@megaluv You were charged the fee immediately when the listing went live.

Revising the duration to 7 days would not credit the amount.

You can call CS and see if they will help by issuing a one-time courtesy credit.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: need help, charged auction duration fee for error that I immediately corrected

If a dollar is that important to you, then you might get a courtesy refund by calling ebay. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@megaluv You were charged the fee immediately when the listing went live.

Revising the duration to 7 days would not credit the amount.

You can call CS and see if they will help by issuing a one-time courtesy credit.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The bottom of the listing says you agree to pay that amount to ebay when you click list item   Good Luck on the refund

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

called and they gave me the refund.

thanks for the help everyone...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@megaluv wrote:

called and they gave me the refund.

thanks for the help everyone...

That should be divided up with those that provided assistance. grinning

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply