cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

listing still shows buyer as not having paid after I relisted the item.

I had to relist 5 items because the buyer did not pay after a month.  It is about $70.00 total between the 5. But all 5 are still on my sellers hub under the category,  "Orders awaiting payment" And they are also re-listed with a different auction number. Why are they still showing up? Am I paying the final value fee  twice on these? Thanks.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@train_slide_central wrote:

I had to relist 5 items because the buyer did not pay after a month.  It is about $70.00 total between the 5. But all 5 are still on my sellers hub under the category,  "Orders awaiting payment" And they are also re-listed with a different auction number. Why are they still showing up? Am I paying the final value fee  twice on these? Thanks.

Did you file an "Unpaid Item Dispute" for the 5 items, wait the appropriate amount of time, and close the dispute before relisting the items?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Unless you completed unpaid item cases yes you are paying fees twice.

The status of awaiting payment has nothing to do w the new listings and vice versa

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

If you sell them twice, you'll pay the Final Value Fees twice; yes. In other words, you still owe the FVFs on the first round of sales, even if the buyer never paid. You need to file an Unpaid Item dispute on the deadbeat buyer,  which gives him four more days to pay, after which (if he still hasn't paid) you can close out the dispute and get your FVFs credited back to you.

You cannot just walk away from the first round of sales, because you do still owe the fees regardless of whether you actually got paid. The Unpaid Item process will get you cleared of them. 

In addition, if you have a winning bidder in your current auction and your earlier buyer suddenly pays for his item at last, you could have two buyers and only one item to sell. An Out of Stock defect can be a real dent in your selling record, so get out from under the first sale before you list the item(s) again.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

OK, on 3 of the unpaid items out of the 5, which are about $12 each, it lists the sold for price of $12, and then it lists the total price of $391, because they were originally part of a combined invoice I had sent to him prior to this. I am a little scared to open a unpaid item case in these instances, because I do not know what price Ebay is going to send to him, and I cannot see it before it goes through. Why is it still listing the total amount, when all the rest of the items have been paid for? It looks like it may possibly charge $391, IDK?  Anyone have experience in a case like this??

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

You would open the Unpaid Item dispute on each of the unpaid items separately. The Paid ones won't even give you the option of filing a UPI on those, for obvious reasons.

Have you had any communication with the guy? Did he give a reason for paying for only some of the items but not others?

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

You would open the Unpaid Item dispute on each of the unpaid items separately. The Paid ones won't even give you the option of filing a UPI on those, for obvious reasons.

Have you had any communication with the guy? Did he give a reason for paying for only some of the items but not others?

In my case, I have 6 items sitting in items awaiting payments, when they were returns that I issued refunds for, so I think this is a bug.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

That doesn’t sound like the problem the OP has. They don’t seem to know about filing UIDs from their post.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I do know how to file an unpaid item dispute, I have done it before. But there seems to be something not quite right about the totals as I explained in my response to this thread, 3 posts up from here.
But I think I will go ahead and try to open the 5 cases, even though it lists a total as $391, which it is not. I will just have to see what happens.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I sent him at least 5 combined invoices and he never paid. Finally I had to open a dispute. At the time some of them were so old, greater that 30 days, that I could no longer invoice them. ANyhow, now I am left with 5 more he has not paid yet.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@rograc-37 wrote:

@a_c_green wrote:

In my case, I have 6 items sitting in items awaiting payments, when they were returns that I issued refunds for, so I think this is a bug.

Not a bug. Just eBay's way of doing it.

That is how it will show when a refund is issued. eBay has only pair, or unpaid.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I sent him at least 5 combined invoices and he never paid. Finally I had to open a dispute. At the time some of them were so old, greater that 30 days, that I could no longer invoice them. ANyhow, now I am left with 5 more he has not paid yet.

Why are you still allowing him to bid?!?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

That is a really good question. I sell train slides, and there are very few people who bid on those. When 2 guys are bidding I can make a lot of money on just one slide, even if he doesn't win, and he bids on and buys a lot of them. SO I am still allowing him for that sole reason. I just let it go to far before taking care of it, so I am in this situation. He is notorious for taking forever to pay according to everyone.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

If he is in a state for which eBay charges sales tax, the total he owes may be higher than what he owes you.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply