cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item location default setting

treasurequeen916
Adventurer

The item location default setting needs to be activated so those of us who wish to only purchase inside the US is given that option, otherwise why even have a default setting for item location and I'm not able to customize it as a setting so it permantly stays like that unless I change it.  This frusterates me because I only make purchases in the US, I am not going to wait weeks to a month to receive an item from out of the country so I should be offered to set my default prefercene to what I want, shouldn't I?  Woman Frustrated

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You could always do a saved search from us sellers only and start your searches from that. 

The problem i see though is too many sellers lie about item location. The only way around that is to check where the seller is from and pass unless it's from the US. 

You can call me Tony
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It's a shame that a US base founded company (ebay) doesn't support more US small businesses

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

your absolutely right about that, for example the Chinese sellers should be taxed a sizable export tax, they are crushing American Ebay sellers.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@tripp_the_lab wrote:

You could always do a saved search from us sellers only and start your searches from that. 

The problem i see though is too many sellers lie about item location. The only way around that is to check where the seller is from and pass unless it's from the US. 

The bigger question is, how do China sellers get away with it when they have constant negative feedback, constant "Case Closed without Seller Resolution", poor metrics, in addition to shipping from different item locations? With the same payment address on file of different stores?

This is how it is very clear that buyers are still being guided to these sellers despite poor metrics. The lack of quality control is startling these days. If you're also a buyer on eBay, it's extremely noticeable that the quality is declining.

Friends who used eBay for years are now refusing to order on eBay again due to constant issues of items being shipped from China, and having to wait a week to get everything handled, only to have the seller refuse to give a return address and beg to accept a full refund (to avoid the Closed Without Seller Resolution).

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/selling-db.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply