cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

latest update...remove links

ohyesidid
Thrill-Seeker

As per usual, this latest update is screwed up., and it is all about Ebay and not the sellers. 

I sell  books , I mentioned that this book had been on the Oprah reading list, just as a reference.  Ebay considered that a link, and I had to remove it!   Oprah never sold the books, why would that be a link.

I just read that no water marks are allowed, don't they protect you from other people using your pictures?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: latest update...remove links

Watermarks have been a no-no for 2 years. If you had a 'link' ie. blue underline that sent people to see that it was on 'Oprah's reading list', then you had a link. If you didn't, it's possible she had a copyright/trademark on her name and you were 'vero'd' for using it? 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: latest update...remove links

I got a notice about links in my listing that were not at all obvious.  I had copied text from another webpage into the text editor at ebay, assuming that any HTML would not be carried over, but that text editor will also transpose the HTML behind the scenes, so it may be there in your listing even if it is not visible.  Check the HTML carefully.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply