cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's an idea

Why not open up store auction allotments to ALL categories? Like non stores get.

And while you're at it add free BIN to auctions for those who PAY to list, the same as non stores get.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Here's an idea

Call me crazy but the better sales sites don't charge insertion fees. Server space is practically free now. Ironic how eBay is trying to be innovative on some things and is stuck in the past on others.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Here's an idea

Totally agree with opening up auction categories for stores. Seems really discriminatory.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Here's an idea

That doesn't mean they are cheaper to sell on.  Depends on the site as sometimes their other fees add up to be more than Ebay w/insertion fees.  

The idea of opening up these auctions to all categories is a good one.  It has been suggested many times over the years, some of those by me, but it has always fell of deaf ears.  Maybe the OP will have better luck getting the idea across.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Here's an idea

Server space is not practically free now - SOMEONE is financing those server farms, and "the cloud" is just a fancy name for somebody else's server farm, which takes up space and resources like anything else.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Here's an idea

Ebay tried that and it used to work 20 years ago. Today it would be a complete bust. Very few categories would have bidders and even if they do it would be one bidder at best. Much easier to keep it as GTC. It is becoming an epidemic among sellers with todays auctions as sellers just cancel when they do not get enough $$ on their auctions.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Here's an idea

But that's the point. I'd bet there's a lot of good stuff out there that sellers simply don't list because they'd prefer to use their "free" allotment AND add a free BIN.

Who knows how many bidders that "stuff" might attract, unless they try?

You can't paint EVERY seller with that broad brush you like to use either, just so you know.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Here's an idea

Maybe I should send the idea to Sweetums? Wonder when that "suggestion box" will be available?
Message 8 of 8
latest reply