cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

items mis-delivered by USPS in the USA?

helo

my name is Jeshua, i am from Malaysia

recently i have sent a parcel to a buyer in the US, it was registered and from the system i assume once it reaches the US, USPS will handle the delivery of it. the parcel was intended to be delivered in Houston, Texas

from the tracking system,  the parcel was delivered to someone in Alvord, Texas, instead.

this is actually the second time my parcel got "misdelivered" in the US

may i know if this is really what happened or is there some kind of flaw or loophole is the USPS tracking system that buyers are taking advantage of?

thank you for your input. this really bothers me a lot. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: items mis-delivered by USPS in the USA?

Could be a scanning error.  The zip code for Alvord (near Fort Worth, TX) starts with 762.  The zip code for Houston starts with 772.

Or maybe your buyer moved and the package was forwarded?

Without seeing the tracking details, it's hard to determine what happened.  Is your buyer complaining or are you simply looking at tracking nformation?

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@rivercityframe wrote:

helo

my name is Jeshua, i am from Malaysia

recently i have sent a parcel to a buyer in the US, it was registered and from the system i assume once it reaches the US, USPS will handle the delivery of it. the parcel was intended to be delivered in Houston, Texas

from the tracking system,  the parcel was delivered to someone in Alvord, Texas, instead.

this is actually the second time my parcel got "misdelivered" in the US

may i know if this is really what happened or is there some kind of flaw or loophole is the USPS tracking system that buyers are taking advantage of?

thank you for your input. this really bothers me a lot. 

The US mailing system is not perfect.

Considering how many packages are delivered every day hiccups will happen from time to time.

In my home state, for example, packages come in to RI and for some reason go on to New Hampshire where they are recalled and sent back.  Sometimes a zip code is just read wrong.

Have you heard from your buyer yet.  If not leave it be unti there is time for concern.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@rivercityframe wrote:

the parcel was intended to be delivered in Houston, Texas

I doubt that it was a mistake. Alvord and Houston are about 315 miles apart, and even if it was sent to Alvord by mistake (somehow; it would have to reach the wrong sorting office and get routed to the wrong post office after that), it's not likely that a mail carrier in Alvord is going to find a perfectly matching street address to which he can deliver that mail. If nothing else, sooner or later a human is going to look at the package and see the Houston address on it.

I think the recipient has a forwarding order on it; that's all. If your buyer is not complaining, you do not have a problem.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

nto sure how did this happened. the item seems to be delivered ( i can only track it via ebay) and the buyer is claiming he did not receive it

either that, or he is manipulating the system to get $ (and the item from me at the same time) 😞

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

hopefully the wrong recipient will be honest enough to send it back to the rightful address

as for now,  the buyer is claiming he did not receive it

either that, or he is manipulating the system to get $ (and the item from me at the same time) 😞

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Has he actually filed an Item Not Received dispute? I am referring to an actual eBay dispute here, to which you must respond. You would be getting emails and messages from eBay about it, not just from the buyer.

Can you post the tracking number?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply