cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

huge drop in orders - what's happening?

is this forum visited by a competent eBay employee?
Can he check what's going on? I have a model account, top marks, great offer and in April only a few sales!
Other sellers also have a huge drop in sales. Will ebay refund the subscription fee for stores to sellers?
The declines in offer views have been for several months! Does ebay see it at all ?!
Is there anyone else in eBay thinking or ebay is just AI, only?

I am asking for an answer, because it may be a waste of time to put up offers on eBay.

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: huge drop in orders - what's happening?

@gabi-mode, I also see ZERO listings under your username or in your store. I can see your profile and feedback, which reflects that you are in Germany.

@nancysjewelsandsupplies@drinkwine1204 - could that be why we can't see the listings? Also, @hyperrush who CAN see listings for @gabi-mode is in Portugal.

Message 16 of 50
latest reply

@chronopal, I see 287 active listings for you.
Message 17 of 50
latest reply

Is it possible they let you sell enough just to pay off your ebay bill - then time to shut off for a while ?
Message 18 of 50
latest reply

I have seen a big decrease in sales this month as well.  January through March were great and I could hardly keep up; now I'm lucky if I get 5 sales in a week.  I have noticed a drop in views, but not really sure what could be causing it.  Hoping things pick up soon for everyone!

Message 19 of 50
latest reply

@laurabeardsley@carlinascloset917 

it is not responsible what ebay does. It's a pity money (store subscription) and time.
In my opinion, it does not make sense if the problem is not removed in a few days.

I am wondering about the demand for a refund for the subscription shop, the sale has dropped by more than 90%
The problem is bigger: I have a full magazine of new collections. Soon, it will be old collections. Similarly, other sellers also have.
I'm afraid that nobody thought about it on eBay.

My account is without any debts for eBay or customers, it has been the highest ranking for a long time. eBay declares that it increases the sales opportunities for such accounts. Something is not true here.

Message 20 of 50
latest reply

Anyone who is competing against the Chinese, like me, are also losing sales like crazy.  I sell Tibetan Buddhist related items and I am a Tibetan Buddhist.  The Chinese lie about what they are selling and their goverment subsidizes their free shipping.  No way I can compete when Americans want to believe they can get a "genuine" turquoise mala for $5, free shipping...they are driving me and most of the other big Tibetan Buddhist sellers right out of business.

Message 21 of 50
latest reply

@gabi-mode wrote:

It's about new clothing. What is your concept in this situation?

I sell in Germany.

With new clothing, there are two recent problems that could be hurting eBay sellers.  The first is that sales have been soft for two quarters now ... and the second is that chains are slashing prices to clear out inventory.  Here's an article that you might find informative:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/03/27/despite-deep-discounts-hm-cant-get-people...

Message 22 of 50
latest reply

I called Ebay CS yesterday and was told that theyve had a large number of calls and complaints about low and no sales. You are not the only one. Im down over 50% now this month.
Message 23 of 50
latest reply

peeked at your store all looked well

href="

">
Message 24 of 50
latest reply

Thanks for sharing, @orangehound. Also consider this from Kovels today:

https://www.kovels.com/news-news-news/vintage-clothing-back-again.html

My best friend has 5 daughters, ages 21 to 36. Other than jeans & undies, the younger 4 wear almost exclusively hugely-stylish vintage, including more dresses & skirts than I’d ever expect of young women. Much of this younger generation favors spending $ on travel and experiences (plus higher-end food & drink) over conspicuous consumerism of clothing & trinkets. 

Message 25 of 50
latest reply

they did away with pay after the delivery on the 18th, many people used that option and now gone forever. DAVE J.
Message 26 of 50
latest reply

I have had a horrible April, But it started 5-6 weeks ago with seller hub maintenance or changes. It has only went downhill from there and Ive talked to the selling dept, Who was very nice but has had to submit to tech department. Problems include days of no e-mails , almost zero looks and 75% of my buyers in last 2 weeks are regulars. Some of us are slowly getting shut down by a overzealous lets change it tech dept. some other example's of store issues is 27 automation failures in the last week, Meta tagging will not work, I clicked on the selling icon and it went to Pay-Pal yesterday. I usually pay around $1200 a month to e-bay and 2 days ago it was at $312, lastly last night was my 6th call to selling dept and after a 90 minute conversation - A 2 month store credit and store reset today has been just as bad - Almost everything in store is haywire!!! Mike
Message 27 of 50
latest reply

Another crock of lies. My sales are way down and I have no trouble with messages getting or receiving. Lack of sales cannot be because of messages as few sales involve messaging. Wonder how long Ebay took to come up with this glitch excuse.
Message 28 of 50
latest reply

is this forum visited by a competent eBay employee?- gabi -mode - op -unquote -------

Yes I think so . I'm in the same sinking boat . I used to get a best offer at least once a day and  anywhere from 5 to 7 sales a week . Those days are over it seems  and nobody really has any clear cut answers  as to why this is happening to so many sellers  so suddenly . Some of the sellers who aren't currently  experiencing low sales or no sales say this is all in our heads ,, we're just seeing things or worse yet WE are causing the problems .However just speaking for myself right now that's  just a bunch of B.S . I've moved heaven and earth to increase my sales on the SAME type of items that used to sell very well .  I think I might give e bay a call tomorrow .Doubt it will help  but somebody needs to tell us  something .  Tulips 

Message 29 of 50
latest reply

. As for my sales, I am just wasting away again in ebayville. drinkwine - unquote ---

and I haven't even found the last jigger of salt  😞  - tulips 

Message 30 of 50
latest reply