cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I get more impressions and more click views? what resolution is good for listing ???

how can I get more impressions and more click views? what resolution is good for listing ???

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: how can I get more impressions and more click views? what resolution is good for listing ???

Photos must be at least 500 pixels on the longest side. See the policy below for more info:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/picture-policy?id=4370

As for more clicks and impressions, those will come as you get established. But first things first.

Your listing needs some work to improve its chances of getting seen and sold. The title is rather generic and not likely to attract a serious buyer. Keywords are missing for the most part. For example, what is the subject depicted on the stamps that can be incorporated into the title? The stamp with the White Elephant is the Vesak Festival** so the keyword "Commemorative" is important for your title. These are commemorative stamps.

I found by Googling that the white elephant stamp you have listed is from a block set of 4, with similar Buddhist depictions. Here is the link: https://amazinglanka.com/wp/araththana/ 

And since you are selling a pair, the number of stamps needs to be included in the title and the word "Postage" would be a helpful keyword as well. In addition, the stamps have  Scott catalog numbers assigned to them that would be a valuable part of the title and description. The Scott catalog will also show an estimated value for each of your stamps that might be helpful in determining the best price to put on your listing.

Each word in the title needs to be directly related to the item being sold. As this stamp was printed in 1982, it is not old enough to be considered an "antique". It is "vintage" instead. So I would drop the words, Old, and Antique. The word "Rare" gets overused a lot, to include it, the item in question should be truly rare. Same with the word "Genuine". Does it need to be in your title? There are other more important descriptors, i believe. 

Right now, there is no description of your stamps in the description field, which is overrun instead with a gigantic photograph that does not fit the page well, it is so large. You list your terms and request for feedback, but absolutely nothing about the actual stamps. There is an entire paragraph dedicated to why people collect postage stamps that does not add much value to the listing. So I would omit the photo, most of the terms, the "why collect" text, and especially the blurb about feedback. (It is a policy violation to reference feedback in a listing. It is considered to be Feedback Manipulation by eBay.) The description field is best left as simple as possible, no templates, left-justified, black easy-to-read font like a 14 point Verdana, for example. And instead, include as much information about the actual stamps for sale as you can muster. Google is your friend!

A final thought: Are you a stamp collector yourself, or know about stamp collecting? I ask because when one is first starting out selling on eBay, it is good to have knowledge of the items you choose to sell, to sell what you have some expertise in. Why did you select this item to list?

I have seen quite a number of sellers from Sri Lanka lately, posting on the forums. What inspired you come to eBay USA? Did it have anything to do with your countryman on YouTube who discusses the benefits of selling on eBay?

**I happened upon the following info about the stamp with the elephant on it, and what it depicts. I have included it below: "The 0.35 c stamp illustrates Prince Vessantara giving away a magical rain-making white elephant to envoys from Kalinga, which was then facing a serious drought. The citizens - fearing the handover of the elephant would cause a drought in their own kingdom - were dismayed at Vessantara’s act of generosity and convinced King Sanjaya to banish his son."  

https://blogs.bl.uk/asian-and-african/2020/02/buddhist-themed-stamps-religious-didactic-tool-or-post...

https://colnect.com/en/stamps/stamp/154875-White_Elephant-Vesak_Festival-Sri_Lanka 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: how can I get more impressions and more click views? what resolution is good for listing ???

You're in Sri Lanka and selling items shipping from China? 

You have 1 item listed; you need 1000 to get noticed. 

Pictures, whatever resolution that it states is the minimum works. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The more active listings you have the more traffic and exposure you will get including impressions and click views.

You can also promote your listings by going to your SELLER HUB, then click on the MARKETING tab, and then click on PROMOTED LISTINGS for which you can create a campaign.

Images must be at least 500 pixels on the longest side.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I'm in Sri Lanka and I'm selling direct shipping, from Sri Lanka.thank you friend.what is the best picture resolution for looks good??

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

thank you friend

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Photos must be at least 500 pixels on the longest side. See the policy below for more info:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/picture-policy?id=4370

As for more clicks and impressions, those will come as you get established. But first things first.

Your listing needs some work to improve its chances of getting seen and sold. The title is rather generic and not likely to attract a serious buyer. Keywords are missing for the most part. For example, what is the subject depicted on the stamps that can be incorporated into the title? The stamp with the White Elephant is the Vesak Festival** so the keyword "Commemorative" is important for your title. These are commemorative stamps.

I found by Googling that the white elephant stamp you have listed is from a block set of 4, with similar Buddhist depictions. Here is the link: https://amazinglanka.com/wp/araththana/ 

And since you are selling a pair, the number of stamps needs to be included in the title and the word "Postage" would be a helpful keyword as well. In addition, the stamps have  Scott catalog numbers assigned to them that would be a valuable part of the title and description. The Scott catalog will also show an estimated value for each of your stamps that might be helpful in determining the best price to put on your listing.

Each word in the title needs to be directly related to the item being sold. As this stamp was printed in 1982, it is not old enough to be considered an "antique". It is "vintage" instead. So I would drop the words, Old, and Antique. The word "Rare" gets overused a lot, to include it, the item in question should be truly rare. Same with the word "Genuine". Does it need to be in your title? There are other more important descriptors, i believe. 

Right now, there is no description of your stamps in the description field, which is overrun instead with a gigantic photograph that does not fit the page well, it is so large. You list your terms and request for feedback, but absolutely nothing about the actual stamps. There is an entire paragraph dedicated to why people collect postage stamps that does not add much value to the listing. So I would omit the photo, most of the terms, the "why collect" text, and especially the blurb about feedback. (It is a policy violation to reference feedback in a listing. It is considered to be Feedback Manipulation by eBay.) The description field is best left as simple as possible, no templates, left-justified, black easy-to-read font like a 14 point Verdana, for example. And instead, include as much information about the actual stamps for sale as you can muster. Google is your friend!

A final thought: Are you a stamp collector yourself, or know about stamp collecting? I ask because when one is first starting out selling on eBay, it is good to have knowledge of the items you choose to sell, to sell what you have some expertise in. Why did you select this item to list?

I have seen quite a number of sellers from Sri Lanka lately, posting on the forums. What inspired you come to eBay USA? Did it have anything to do with your countryman on YouTube who discusses the benefits of selling on eBay?

**I happened upon the following info about the stamp with the elephant on it, and what it depicts. I have included it below: "The 0.35 c stamp illustrates Prince Vessantara giving away a magical rain-making white elephant to envoys from Kalinga, which was then facing a serious drought. The citizens - fearing the handover of the elephant would cause a drought in their own kingdom - were dismayed at Vessantara’s act of generosity and convinced King Sanjaya to banish his son."  

https://blogs.bl.uk/asian-and-african/2020/02/buddhist-themed-stamps-religious-didactic-tool-or-post...

https://colnect.com/en/stamps/stamp/154875-White_Elephant-Vesak_Festival-Sri_Lanka 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@hareliya_0 wrote:

I'm in Sri Lanka and I'm selling direct shipping, from Sri Lanka.thank you friend.what is the best picture resolution for looks good??

If you are shipping from Sri Lanka then you need to change this in your listing.

This shows for your shipping:

Economy Shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan to worldwide

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

thank you very very much ur information and other details.pls stay on me. I want you're help friend, bcz I'm new on ebay and I want to became a big seller

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Founded really amazing answers.. Thank you to all...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply