cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

google search

I just did a google search for wheat pennies, not one Ebay listing was shown. There are over 27000 ebay listings for wheat pennies. Why are none shown by google?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: google search

@soosin wrote:

I just did a google search for wheat pennies, not one Ebay listing was shown. There are over 27000 ebay listings for wheat pennies. Why are none shown by google?

Has google gone wheat/gluten free?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Plenty came up in both my google search and under the shopping tab.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Sorry... never mind. I was looking at product not link to ebay.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

image.png

They also have the same ad on "shopping" page..............

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

ooops, that search was only for pennies...... wheat pennies turns up the same ad with

"wheat pennies coin"  instead of pennies.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I googled ‘wheat pennies’ and no eBay listings turned up on the first page of search results. Plenty of etsy, though.

Last month The Wall Street Journal printed a story entitled "How Google Interferes With Its Search Algorithms and Changes Your Results.” It mentioned eBay.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-google-interferes-with-its-search-algorithms-and-changes-your-resul...

An eBay spokesperson stated, "We've experienced significant and consistent drops in Google SEO for many years, which has been disproportionally detrimental to those small businesses that we support."" The Wall Street Journal reported that Google declined to comment regarding eBay.

Ebay and Google have a rocky history. There was a reckoning in 2014 when Google accused eBay of gaming the system and punished the venue by not showing eBay listings in its search results. 

In order to combat the problem, eBay has made a push for sellers to craft SEO-friendly listings. In addition, the move this year to all fixed price listings being good-til-cancelled was reportedly done for the same reason, to improve visibility on Google. 

Whatever is going on now between the two behemoths, it is troubling to see a lack of representation of eBay offerings in googled results.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply