cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free ebay anchor store offer ~ signed up, now they are charging me $554 for it !!!!

Ebay sent me a promotion message in late May offering me a free anchor store for 3 months. I had recently closed my ebay store, but since the offer was free I activated it. Now they are billing me $540 on my June invoice for the store. The ebay message offering the promotion has disappeared from my message history. My roomate and I both read the promotion history in its entirity before activating it.

I have been checking my account activity balance periodically since I opened the anchor store, and the account balance was showing zero every time. Last night they sent my monthly billing statement, and it is charging me $554 for the ebay store. I listed a few items, and my final value fees totaled 92 cents.

How is this possible? Any help would be appreciated..

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: free ebay anchor store offer ~ signed up, now they are charging me $554 for it !!!!

cal_w62 wrote:

..........and call eBay and tell them to cancel your store again.

Tell them the cat stepped on the keyboard and accidentally subscribed to the anchor store. 

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Re: free ebay anchor store offer ~ signed up, now they are charging me $554 for it !!!!

oaklandmaryland wrote:

Typical Ebay scam. Happend to a bunch of us over the years. They promise and then remove the ofer from the system completely so they can pretend it didn't exist.  Us oldtimers have learned to just by pass any and all offers and never take Ebay suggestions as beneficial. Sorry-cancel via CC. Ebay might take away your selling ability though but it's be worth it considering your sales are so litle.

Really important to read the fine print, every single word of the offer.  Ebay or any other contract, we're ALWAYS advised to read the fine print.  And no, it isn't a *scam*... it's an offer.  It will work for some.  Others won't have any logical reason to accept the offer at all.

Some of us *old-timers* may just bypass, but lots of us copy and save all offers we decide to take advantage of.  If any questions arise after the transaction, we've got that exact offer copy to refer to!

Give eBay a call and see if you can get help on this.  Good luck.

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

fiftee5chevee wrote:
Did you use a CELL phone.... to possibly try to read the ebay's Seller's agreement contract?... I would need a Microscope to do it...personally.

Might be a good idea to not transact legally binding contracts with just cell phones in hand then.  lol

I'm was sort of ticked to have to update all my listings to be *mobile friendly*.. but gotta' get with the way so many buyers transact their business these days.  sigh.....

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

For me all offers by eBay is spam. I ignore them. There is almost always a catch. But why did you feel you needed a store? 

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY DID.  THE PROMOTION MESSAGE FROM EBAY DISAPPEARED AFTER 5 DAYS. MESSAGE WAS NOT SENT TOMY EMAIL. TWO OF US READ ALL THE FINE PRINT BEFORE ACTIATING IT.  WE RECENTLY CLOSED AN EBAY STORE, AND THIS WAS THEIR WAY OF GETTING US TO OPEN ANOTHER ONE. CONGRATS TO EBAY FOR ANOTHER SNEAKY UNSRUPULOUS PRACTICE !!!

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

@slati_2013 wrote:

For me all offers by eBay is spam. I ignore them. There is almost always a catch. But why did you feel you needed a store? 

I'll bet he didn't need a store.  He thought he could get something for free, for awhile.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

You are so right. This is what happened to me. I couldn't even find the ebay offer in my Trash beat messages. They know that they can probably get a couple of months of high monthly store rates before the seller catches on to the increased fees and then once again changes to an annual amount. Ebay ain't (word used on purpose) dumb.
Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Don't you just love dealing with such honest companies?

Once again, you DID a chargeback, correct?

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide

This is why its important to take screenshots of all these promotions. I take them of the email and of the offer pages before and after activating.  On the acceptance page it should have shown you the regular price with it crossed out and then showing $0 for 3 months. If it didn't say this, you may have activated it outside of the promotion period. Could this be possible? Some of them have very short terms to activate the offer.

You need to phone ebay and ask them what happened. Simply doing a chargeback will result in your account being suspended. Unpaid fees always will.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

this same thing happend to me now my ebay fees are 1300$ and they are giving me the run around i first they say there is no record of the email so i sent screen shots of the email now they keep telling me they will call me back but never do idk wat to do i need this fixed now my account is suspended for non payment i cant afford to pay this high fee 

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

what did you do to fix it
Message 26 of 29
latest reply

"this same thing happend to me now my ebay fees are 1300$"

-----------

What exactly does your invoices show those fees are for?

You've sold tons of items recently, and you have to pay eBay 10% final value fees for those sales.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

I usually dont click on these types of promo ad's and after reading from above what happens is just sad.

This sounds like a very hard and costly lesson learned and what NOT to do the next time.

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Op, 

IIRC, that offer was for "$150 a month anchor store". The catch was that the $150 was for a single month, plus the $150 month was in January after you singned up today and other than that one month credited at $150 all the rest were full price. 

Message 29 of 29
latest reply