cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback

Seems like less and less buyers are leaving feedback. Has anybody else experienced this

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: feedback

Thank you.  You've expressed what I always want to say -- a 4 digit seller who complains about buyers not leaving FB seems strange in my eyes.  

Message 31 of 46
latest reply

I agree, but have to admit to being excited to get my first 1000, then my 2000 then my .............. well you get the picture.

The more I got the more I wanted to reach the next milestone so to speak LOL 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 32 of 46
latest reply

I thought it was just me!

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

@mechtech1971

I hear you.

I remember when you could get a 100% sell through rate with only 20 auction items up.  And make a few thousand/month if you took advantage of a store and got 100 items up - which was HARD TO DO because just about every darn thing sold in under 30 days.

I remember when selling was so reliable (this was as recent as 2013-15) you could start cold, and throw up a few things so you’d have spending money for NEXT WEEK’S vacation.

Good times, good times…. sigh.

Its just a different ball game now. 🤷‍♀️

Given that, who gives a fig about feedback?

Message 34 of 46
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Where is phanto?

This whole feedback thing could be explained for the 100th time by that poster😊

Phan hasn't posted since last June according to their profile page- but if the OP is interested in taking a feedback dive- here you go:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3040489/

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

@this*old*attic wrote:

@mechtech1971

I hear you.

I remember when you could get a 100% sell through rate with only 20 auction items up.  And make a few thousand/month if you took advantage of a store and got 100 items up - which was HARD TO DO because just about every darn thing sold in under 30 days.

I remember when selling was so reliable (this was as recent as 2013-15) you could start cold, and throw up a few things so you’d have spending money for NEXT WEEK’S vacation.

Good times, good times…. sigh.

Its just a different ball game now. 🤷‍♀️

Given that, who gives a fig about feedback?

Only 76 to go (is what I would have been thinking if I were you) LOL

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

WOW - just clicked your link, kind of like a horror movie, you just can't look away - Relentless

Message 37 of 46
latest reply

I've stopped leaving feedback for buyers. I ship stuff the same day or next. If they can't be bothered to at least acknowledge that in FB, they don't deserve it from me. The only way they talk about FB is when they have something to complain about. 😒

Message 38 of 46
latest reply

That is one of the problems. Sellers not leaving immediate feedback. If I buy,  pay quickly , I have done my part. The expectation that I leave feedback first so the seller knows “ I am satisfied “ is a non applicable issue. I can contact or leave feedback after item is received . Nonplussed when eBay sends message to leave feedback when the seller hasn’t bothered to .

Message 39 of 46
latest reply

@eati_93 

Paying is required and does not warrant feedback. 

Feedback is voluntary. 

These messages reminding trading partners to leave feedback for the other guy, are fully automated. No one monitors if it ‘balances’ out. 

You have received 14 feedback and left 10. 

Why is feedback for buyers even an option?

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 40 of 46
latest reply

I was just thinking that same thing this morning.

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

As a seller I give feedback as soon as the payment is rec'd.

Lately I see sellers are only allowed to post "positive" feedback?? 

No other choices.  eBay has been watered down to the point that no one has any recourse because it might someone's wittle feewings.  **bleep**.  So now I give no FB simply because eBay is full of pansies. Fast losing interest in this swamp.......

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

There is no eBay requirement that either buyers or sellers leave FB.

It's a little unusual to see  a seller with 3K FB who is concerned about buyers not leaving it.  

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

until they tie feedback to views/sales ai 😕

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

Frankly, I think it's time to lose feedback entirely.

Not only do short-tempered sellers get Defects when they foolishly leave false positives, but unhappy buyers too often use Feedback to express their dismay instead of opening Claims which would either correct the problem or block unwarranted feedback.

It's a relic of the 20th century internet, when buying online was thrilling and possibly dangerous instead of how we order groceries. 

Message 45 of 46
latest reply