cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback

Sorry eBay, but I think the feedback rules stink.  All in favor of the buyer.  Most of my buyers don't even bother leaving feedback. And now we are not supposed to remind them to do so. It's just so one-sided.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: feedback

i have found less than half bother to leave feedback.  it use to bother me some to until i got to thinking about it in a different context.  i worked for free on a board of directors for a non profit motorcyle saftety organization for many years.   we found that less than half of the people who voluntunteer to help on a project show up.  it just the way of life it seems.  i leave every buyer good feedback with only a few exceptions.  those that send back stuff they broke or rip me off get none.  the rest i figure might buy again if i show them appreciation for shopping in my store.  i have quite a few that buy photos or postcards from me on a return trip so i have to assume that along with great service a nice feedback has to help....

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@actionsnacks  Hello, actionsnacks ~ Thanks for posting in the eBay Community with your comments; however your post is not in the correct location.  The purpose of the Community Platform Feedback board is to ask/answer questions about the "eBay posting community".

You will receive more replies if you post your concerns on the  Sellers Board in the Discussion Board area:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/bd-p/selling-db

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

No, don't remind me because the second you do you'll get one the colour of which you won't like

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Hi

I do not know what good it would do to post it in the SELLERS area as the sellers are already aware of this.

it would serve our purpose better if it was in the area that eBay support people MIGHT read it. Have no idea where that might be.

do you?

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

My apologies...I thought you wanted to start a discussion about feedback and chose this particular board because of the word "feedback" in the title.

The eBay staff that post to this board do not have anything to do with setting eBay policy ~ they are in charge of running the eBay posting community and will answer questions/interpret eBay policy during the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff which is held every Wednesday at 1:00 p.m., pacific time.  

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/bd-p/weekly-chat

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

You have almost 700 feedback why do you want or need anymore feedback because ebay goes by transaction numbers not feedback numbers.

If you need to be told you're doing a good job get yourself a dog they will always show you that you're doing good and are the most important thing in their life

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I've kind of given up on leaving it for sellers. It's far, far too easy for them to have it removed if they don't like it, no matter the color.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

At least buyers get the chance to leave an honest feedback on sellers!  Sellers can only leave positive feedback on buyers and can not say anything even remotely negative in the comments.  eBay knows there are dishonet buyers and outright scammers abusing the return and money back gaurantee policies, yet refuses to allow sellers to point them out so all sellers can be aware.  

Why it is almost as if eBay wants sellers to be ripped off by the scammers.  Or that eBay is actually profiting from the scammers.  Oh wait, eBay is laughing all the way to the bank, right along with the scammers.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Out of all the things on Ebay that a seller has to worry about, feedback is not even on the list. 

No feedback = good feedback in the eyes of Ebay.  Nowadays many buyers don't leave feedback, because it's just not a "thing" anymore. 

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Yes, so?   It's a done deal, all complaining does is waste your time.

There are hundreds of websites devoted to complaining about eBay.  I'd try one of them.

And  try opening another shop somewhre else.  It reduces that hurt.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Hmmm. What stinks is every week someone shows up here to complain about not getting feedback. Everything that can be said about this groveling has been said repeatedly. Feedback is voluntary. Asking your buyer for feedback is as bad as spamming your buyers. Asking for feedback is asking for a negative.

Most buyers just buy stuff. Their lives unlike us sellers does not revolve around  eBay. Most buyers do not leave me feedback. I don't care. For me the fact that I never hear back from 99.9% of my buyers is far better  than if they leave feedback or not. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@actionsnacks wrote:

Sorry eBay, but I think the feedback rules stink.  All in favor of the buyer.  Most of my buyers don't even bother leaving feedback. And now we are not supposed to remind them to do so. It's just so one-sided.

Why would you remind them to do something that is voluntary and completely optional? You're asking for trouble by poking a bear. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

To Ebay
as of at the moment eBay is almost top of the sites and eBay don't care about there customers any more like before,
if you see my account as items descriptions written properly along with pictures and 2 buyers bought these items and both of them said we didn't order these items and want refund as both want to keep the items and both of them said in messages didn't even bothered to have a look at these items and wanted to order them as gift to some one
How some one can do this with out looking and checking the details of the items ??

As sent messages to eBay about these 2 still nothing been done ?????????????????
In that case I think one day I have to CLOSE MY BUSINESS ACCOUNT
So eBay will be loosing not me
URGENT REPLY FROM EBAY
EBAY YOU HAVE TO DO SOME THING FOR YOUR BUSINESS CUSTOMERS ??
THANKS

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/account/user-id.html

User IDs can't contain:

Elements that imply an email address or web address - including but not limited to .com, .net, .org, .edu or any variation (for example, _com or -com).

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 15 of 19
latest reply