cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay stealing my money

Sold an item in 2017 for around 700$. They yanked money out of my PayPal in 2020 MARCH. I have been told a Manuel request to issue refund has been approved to have my money back after ebay support tried to justify why I should have my money back after wasting my time and making me wait 12 business days when they said 3. it has now been 26 days total and I still don't have my money back and eBay stuff just keep telling me to wait. So ebay is allowed to steal my money during a pandemic?

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

ebay stealing my money

Maybe they're waiting for the sale of your listing for three packs of three Oreos each--nine Oreos in total--for $30 + $11.76 shipping (for my zone) to go through.

Nine Oreos for $41.76. Gotta love it.
Message 2 of 70
latest reply

ebay stealing my money

You have to watch ebay like a hawk. Its a glitch fest and a money grab fest whenever able. I have found dozens of charging errors over the years as well. 2017 to 2020 should never happen. Goodluck contacting their customer service who are paid to be of no service to anyone but ebay.
Message 3 of 70
latest reply

ebay stealing my money

I'm betting there is a bit more to this story not shared here.

tyler@ebay 

brian@ebay 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 70
latest reply

ebay stealing my money

@josinstore wrote:

So ebay is allowed to steal my money during a pandemic?

Apparently, yes. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 70
latest reply

ebay stealing my money

Oh, gees. I came here to post that very same thing. LOL!
Message 6 of 70
latest reply

ebay stealing my money

@inhawaii wrote:

@josinstore wrote:

So ebay is allowed to steal my money during a pandemic?

Apparently, yes. 

REALLY?!?!?!?  2017.  No one can file a claim on Ebay that old, I don't care who you are.

Message 7 of 70
latest reply

ebay stealing my money

@josinstore wrote:

Sold an item in 2017 for around 700$. They yanked money out of my PayPal in 2020 MARCH. I have been told a Manuel request to issue refund has been approved to have my money back after ebay support tried to justify why I should have my money back after wasting my time and making me wait 12 business days when they said 3. it has now been 26 days total and I still don't have my money back and eBay stuff just keep telling me to wait. So ebay is allowed to steal my money during a pandemic?

What information did you receive from Ebay to bring you to this conclusion?

Did you get an email regarding this matter?  Please share it but remember to black out any personal data.

Message 8 of 70
latest reply

ebay stealing my money

it has been 9 days since this email

Message 9 of 70
latest reply

ebay stealing my money

@pburn wrote:
Maybe they're waiting for the sale of your listing for three packs of three Oreos each--nine Oreos in total--for $30 + $11.76 shipping (for my zone) to go through.

Nine Oreos for $41.76. Gotta love it.

They're Supreme brand oreos - like a lot of 'designer' goods it's a logo thing.  The OP has them priced about market.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 70
latest reply

ebay stealing my money

You sold an item THREE YEARS AGO and eBay has refunded the customer just now?

The customer had only 30 DAYS from delivery to open an eBay  Dispute and get a refund.

The customer had only 180 days from payment to open a Paypal Dispute and get a refund.

While card policies differ, most cards do not entertain chargebacks after six months.

So this charge (what is the actual amount?) was not part of a buyer Dispute.

What did eBay say the reason for the Hold (it seems from your description to be a Hold rather than a removal) ?

If it was related to a more recent transaction as an occasional seller of high value /high fraud products, there will be  Hold of up to 21 days against any customer payments pending proof of customer satisfaction, including proof of delivery.

If the buyer paid with a credit card, and there was a Dispute, the Held funds may have been returned to the credit card  you have attached to your PP account rather than to the PP balance. Have you checked that?

Message 11 of 70
latest reply

ebay stealing my money

@mam98031 wrote:

I'm betting there is a bit more to this story not shared here.

tyler@ebay 

brian@ebay 

Hi @mam98031 - I'm not able to discuss the OP's situation in detail other than to say that if they have billing questions regarding their invoice the best thing to do would be to contact CS for support. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 70
latest reply

ebay stealing my money

Afternoon,

Sounds like op had a charge back sitting in limbo on their eBay or PP account.

Came back to sell again and Ebay authorized PP to snag the money owing them from 2017 once the recent sale went through.

That's all I can figure.

Mr C

Message 13 of 70
latest reply

ebay stealing my money

I do not have any credit cards attached to my paypal. There was no explanation why they took my money. I spoke with staff on the phone they said something like this is unheard of in her 5 years of working for ebay. They forwarded me to another department to talk about the charge and they said they would submit manual refund and would take 7-10 days to be approved then they. 10 days passed I contact eBay again they said they don't know why I haven't heard back yet and wait a little longer. I then get the email I attached above and then still 9 days after that I still don't have my money back.

Message 14 of 70
latest reply

ebay stealing my money

It's great too see you again, Mr C! Hope you're doing well. 😊

Message 15 of 70
latest reply