cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay should be running holiday shopping ads, NOT eBay Motors Guaranteed Fit Ads!!

Very frustrating when all other online selling forums are running holiday ads to improve traffic to their site.  As usual,  eBay is behind again.  Unless I'm missing something,  I've not seen anything.  Kinda frustrating for a seller of over 20 years.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

eBay should be running holiday shopping ads, NOT eBay Motors Guaranteed Fit Ads!!

Since eBay Motors Guaranteed Fit is eBay’s new baby they will promote it ad nauseam. 
We as sellers are encouraged to utilize promoted listings etc, to advertise our products. eBay isn’t  going to do it for free. 

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

Yes,  I know it's probably their biggest money maker.  However,  I think they have enough revenue to run several different types of ad's.  They've run holiday ad's in most of the years past,  some clever and some crappy.  Having worked in retail for many,  many years,  I find it it a bit peculiar from a business perspective.

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

All the others are running ads. 

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

@barbeezndolls ebay hasn't run an actual Holiday Marketing Campaign for the site for three years now...not since the new CEO took over and changed ebay's entire marketing strategy. 

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Since eBay Motors Guaranteed Fit is eBay’s new baby they will promote it ad nauseam. 
We as sellers are encouraged to utilize promoted listings etc, to advertise our products. eBay isn’t  going to do it for free. 

Nobody is asking Ebay to promote our individual listings for free, that is the purpose of using PL.  Ebay simply needs to promote the platform as a whole which they do not because the CEO has come out and said the future of the platform is not the small seller of miscellaneous items but the selling of luxury categories and Ebay motors.

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

CEO thinks that emphasizing their verticals will cause interest to spread to the rest of us. Reminds me of this very old meme:

Screenshot 2023-12-03 085911.jpg

It hasn't changed.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Ebay has made it VERY clear that they don't care about the small sellers at all. 

We are not important to them in the least. 

If I ever saw an ebay ad emphasizing vintage and collectibles I think I'd fall off my chair. 

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

Thrift Books has holiday ads on my Google feed every day. Good grief!

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

@hollysfinds ,

I've seen plenty of ads for vintage sports collectibles, and vintage comic books.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

eBay is perfectly willing to bleed Promoted Listings cash from it's sellers.
Spending some of that cash to help them?
Not so much.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

where at and what platform?

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

@joliztoyco ,

Ebay spends more than a BILLION dollars a year on advertising. Which is plenty in my opinion. I see or hear ads at least once a day. I see ads on Facebook, on TV during NFL or NBA games, hear them on ESPN or Fox Sports radio. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/664607/ebay-ad-expense/#:~:text=In%202022%2C%20eBay%20invested%2....

Way more than main competitor Etsy by far. You can’t compare Amazon, or Walmart, to EBay.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/977882/etsy-ad-expense/

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Common business and personal finance practice is to never put all your eggs in one basket. 

I just wonder what the card vault, sneaker, watch, and jewelry authentication services are doing? I never hear about them anymore on my eBay page. Just complaints here on the board from sellers. 

I just wonder who are these authenticators? How where they certified and approved? What is their education / certification to appraise and grade items? Have these employees had background checks? Is there an eBay representative at each of these locations? 

When I worked for a government contractor, they wanted everything on my past history. Schools, college, work history, references, and all my previous addresses. 

hang in their folks! We will get through this. 

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@chapeau-noir ,

Joe the plumber take his Rolex he inherited from his grandfather and sells it on eBay for $5,000.00.

Joe takes the money from the sale of the Rolex and buys the following on eBay.

1. A Louis Vuitton purse for his wife.

2. A pair of the vintage Nike Air Jordans for his son.

3. A pair rare vintage Levi’s for his teen daughter.

4. A vintage Mickey Mantle card for himself.

Betty the housewife that sold the Louis Vuitton purse takes the money and takes her family on vacation to Disney World in Florida. Providing jobs for all the airline, hotel, restaurant, and Disney World employees.

All these employees now will money to take their kids to McDonalds and buy them all happy meals thus creating even more jobs. Now the McDonalds employees can come to eBay to buy clothing that they could had found at their local thrift store.

There you have it trickle down economics in a nutshell.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply