cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay seller fees?

I just got charged $19.18 for ebay seller fees?  Is this an annual charge?  Is this right?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: eBay seller fees?

You've sold stuff...
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

eBay charges a final value fee that is a percentage of the buyer's total payment including shipping. For sellers who don't have a Store subscription, the rate in most categories is 10%.

Fees for sellers who don't have a Store: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Fees for Store subscribers: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/storefees.html

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Here, we don't get charged unless it sells. No listing fees, no monthly store fees and a flat 1.5% of the SALES ONLY price. Another reason why eBay is always referred to in the past tense.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@arun7500 wrote:

Here, we don't get charged unless it sells. No listing fees, no monthly store fees and a flat 1.5% of the SALES ONLY price. Another reason why eBay is always referred to in the past tense.

Oh my gosh! We were wondering about this. Kinda unfair to the rest of us don’t you think? Not frivolous tagging but @Anonymous Is this true? Sellers in Thailand and probably China, Hong Kong etc.. pay 1.5% of the sales price only? That is not fair to the rest of the world. And they ship for pennies or free.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@arun7500 wrote:

Are you talking about selling on ebay?

@arun7500 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@arun7500,

Are you talking about the fees you pay eBay, or a competing site in Thailand?
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I just assumed a competing site like aliwhatever
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

-----------GENERAL REPLY----------

Here's a link to an explanation of the selling fees in Thailand on eBay.

https://sellercenter.ebay.co.th/understand-for-eBay-insertion-Fee

In part, from the translated page version:

"Understand fees on eBay"
When you sell products on eBay.com, you will have to pay for the "Insertion Fee" (where the first 50 pieces per month will not pay for the Insertion Fee) and if the product is sold There will be a fee when selling products "Final Value Fee" which will vary from each product category. Including having to pay "PayPal Fee" as well.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

They said that they referred to ebay in the past tense..that says to me that they are referring to another site.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Competing site, which will go unmentioned.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@nole94605 wrote:

I just got charged $19.18 for ebay seller fees?  Is this an annual charge?  Is this right?

Hi, eBay is not a free site. You will receive a monthly invoice from eBay charging you whatever the costs you have incurred to sell here.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@mg152 wrote:

@arun7500 wrote:

Oh my gosh! We were wondering about this. Kinda unfair to the rest of us don’t you think? Not frivolous tagging but Is this true? Sellers in Thailand and probably China, Hong Kong etc.. pay 1.5% of the sales price only? That is not fair to the rest of the world. And they ship for pennies or free.

That poster has cleared this up that they were talking about a competing site---not ebay.

"Competing site, which will go unmentioned; as I found out beforehand results in a 30 day suspension. One of ebay's unwritten (you will not besmirch) rules."

@mg152 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply