cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay needs to sue Amazon for driving up our shipping costs!

I shipped some packages this AM and the clerk said that starting tomorrow thru Jan 1 they will be working Sundays for "Amazon Sunday" ... plus 7 days a week thru the period.  This will be happening in many, many locations and Amazon should be footing the bill for all that Overtime Pay the Postal works are getting on Sundays opposed to any of that labor cost needing to be recooped from ALL shippers via higher rates ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: eBay needs to sue Amazon for driving up our shipping costs!

There are posts all over the place from poshmark customers who have to pay shipping up charges on heavier packages. It doesn’t seem like the negotiated rates DO cover all shipments?

Message 31 of 64
latest reply

Yeah they are working the postal workers to death for their overtime.  But, they are creating jobs as well. High mega volume AMZ gets the favorable discount. They are making the postal service big bucks.

Message 32 of 64
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

Hi mr lincoln
My PO here in NJ has been delivering Amazon packages on Sundays for about a year or more now. 

My PO has been delivering Priority Mail packages on Sunday (from anywhere, usually eBay) for at least a year, too; it's not just a Christmas thing. If there are any Parcel packages accompanying the PM arrival at the Post Office, those are delivered as well. I received two just last Sunday.

I was also surprised last Monday (Veterans' Day) when the weekend drop box was emptied that morning, Acceptance scans were done, and the outbound packages were at the Origin Sort facility by that evening. Nothing was left sitting until they reopened on Tuesday. It would appear that the USPS is upping their game.

Message 33 of 64
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

Hi mr lincoln
My PO here in NJ has been delivering Amazon packages on Sundays for about a year or more now. 

It's funny because I purchased an item on ebay & last Sunday up the driveway came the mail jeep 
Yep my ebay order drop shipped from Amazon delivered last Sunday .
My carrier has also in the past delivered things to me on on Sunday as they had to come up to our area for an Amazon delivery & just figured less for Mondays delivery since they are out already.

bunn filters sunday delivery 11-18.JPG

I asked the Fedex guy about the fact that the package I was dropping at his store had USPS tracking. He mentioned a program, either global or smart. It seems both, or more carriers handle other carriers packages when there's no availability of delivering trucks or for logistic reasons. 

latest reply

UPS was up and running on Monday. I dropped off at the UPS Store. Usps has to up their game to compete

Message 35 of 64
latest reply

>>I asked the Fedex guy about the fact that the package I was dropping at his store had USPS tracking

You seriously have never heard of Smartpost?

SMH.

Message 36 of 64
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:

>>I asked the Fedex guy about the fact that the package I was dropping at his store had USPS tracking

You seriously have never heard of Smartpost?

SMH.

Well, since I barely use Fedex, it was a surprise to me that.........my mail carrier didn't know it. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

latest reply

They can't charge under what it cost's them? Hold on, I'm having trouble typing, I can't stop laughing. In 2017, USPS lost 800 million dollars. The service is only cheaper for flat rate and first class. Any package over 5 pounds, USPS commercial price charges twice what the FedEx commercial price is. There are still E-Packet and Terminal Dues, shipping for under cost. It would have been out of business a long time ago if it was not for huge infusions of tax payer money. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/post-office-lose-money-amazon-contract-usps-fact-check-trump-tweets-aga...

Message 38 of 64
latest reply

Oy Vey 

Message 39 of 64
latest reply

And by the way, Amazon has nothing to do with increases in postage. 

Message 40 of 64
latest reply

Usps gets NO taxpayer money. Furthermore they are losing money because the government is forcing them to fund retirement plans for retirees who have not been born yet.

Message 41 of 64
latest reply

@double2trouble Did you even read the article YOU posted past the Headline? It says right in there that what you quoted Trump saying is totally opposite from the truth.

Message 42 of 64
latest reply

I'm not talking about Trump or Amazon, I'm talking about USPS operating at a loss. Billions in losses. No, they do not recieve direct funds, but they recieve subsidies, monopolies, and tax, well, I would not even call them breaks, more like a tax vacation on property & real estate taxes. They don't have to pay registration, or parking tickets. It might as well be on the backs of the taxpayer. These are direct costs that other businesses like their competition have to pay. Those businesses turn a profit, yet USPS still can't turn a profit. The head or the USPS was quoted as saying even if you cut out all the retirement liabilities, they might break even.  

http://fortune.com/2015/03/27/us-postal-service/

And it's comming. The USPS is 45 billion in debt, and losing 25 million a day. They have already been on capitol hiil talking about a bailout.  It's inevitable. 

Message 43 of 64
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

Usps gets NO taxpayer money. Furthermore they are losing money because the government is forcing them to fund retirement plans for retirees who have not been born yet.

Their losing 80 million a year on e-packet and terminal dues deals. This is a company that should have gone out of business a long time ago. 

Message 44 of 64
latest reply

You DO realize who is going to end up paying for the legal costs...

Yes, win or lose.

Ebay and Amazon are just corporations, the win or loss of a lawsuit doesn't come out of some employee's pockets but it still has to be paid for... And it gets paid through their only form(s) of income, which comes directly from the consumer.

Same place where every other corporation that gets sued gets the money to pay for the legal fees from...

The consumer.

You, and I...

And every seller, buyer, and employees who won't get a raise this quarter and anyone who has anything to do with ebay and amazon at all... That is who will pay for this lawsuit.

Message 45 of 64
latest reply