cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is seeking new Community Mentors

If you are active on the community boards and are interested (in case you missed it) the details are found in "Featured Posts" on the right side of your screen (bright green square) "refresh your eBay store with Spring cleaning - seller tips.

Was surprised to see the announcement stated there  🙂

Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: eBay is seeking new Community Mentors

That is interesting, but I don't see any benefits ($$$)? Is it not eBay's responsibility to hire / train the experts / mentors?

We already post and help each other when we can here which eBay can read, collect information, and report to upper management. 

Being a top helpful author, receiving colored ribbons / badges don't pay our personal bills. 

Message 2 of 106
latest reply

But you get a fancy community mentor badge. 

Message 3 of 106
latest reply

Maybe they're "spring cleaning" inactive Mentors?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 106
latest reply

Like I stated, I was surprised to read that info included with Spring cleaning seller tips.

I've never been a C.M. and have no time nor desire but perhaps others may want to give it a try.

There used to be some benefits to being a C.M. but I don't know if that is the case these days. 

Perhaps a current C.M. would enlighten us on the responsibilities and any benefits attained or acquired? (If they are allowed to share benefit info).

Message 5 of 106
latest reply

@b86fiero wrote:

Perhaps a current C.M. would enlighten us on the responsibilities and any benefits attained or acquired? (If they are allowed to share benefit info).

Preferred seating at restaurants and sporting events, and a 30% increase in gas mileage. (Highway est.)

Message 6 of 106
latest reply

eBay should actually reach out to those who post solutions and such here and make some offers where maybe some $$ come into play. Wouldn't it be better than calling "customer service" in another country?

I kinda think customer service reps get some kind of money. Or maybe they are thinking of eliminating customer service abroad. And solutions are better answered here than calling customer service.

Message 7 of 106
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@b86fiero wrote:

Preferred seating at restaurants and sporting events, and a 30% increase in gas mileage. (Highway est.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the chuckle! Some days these boards are just too somber.

Message 8 of 106
latest reply

Blame the last time they changed the board moderating company.

Sucked all the life (and fun) out of them.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 106
latest reply

It says "consider registering" but doesn't even say how to do so. Much less if there are any benefits besides the badge. Probably not worth it, I have enough else to do with my time.

Message 10 of 106
latest reply

No money, no preferred seating...but we get a cool badge! 

Seriously though, it's just about helping. 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 106
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

I don't see any benefits ($$$)?  

"you’ll get the opportunity to connect with your peers in the private Mentors’ Lounge, an exclusive community profile badge, and more."

Message 12 of 106
latest reply

For those who are asking about criteria, perks and how to apply:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mentor-Program/Community-Mentor-Program/td-p/31654137 

Message 13 of 106
latest reply

"...and more."

More than a private lounge and a badge?  Well, sign me up, if it's more than that.

Message 14 of 106
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

For those who are asking about criteria, perks and how to apply:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mentor-Program/Community-Mentor-Program/td-p/31654137 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for adding the link to info about the Mentor program. Perhaps some of the nice, helpful people here will consider becoming a mentor. 

As an aside, for those interested in applying there is no guarantee you will be accepted. (I have never applied but recall a few older posts where the OP lamented they were declined or did not receive an answer).

It could be eBay is seeking more community board Mentors to assist members as announced layoffs ensue and outsourced live chat employees are dwindling. 

Message 15 of 106
latest reply