cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is dead. Where are the sales?

A continuance. 

All I'm going to add is that ever since the new recent changes rolled out, eBay sales and listing views are virtually non existent on our end. Hopefully this isn't a sign of future fate. I love selling on eBay and have for years, it looks like it's not loving us back anymore. What's going on?

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: eBay is dead. Where are the sales?

I've lowered my prices big time due to inflation and economy and sales have been awful.  I thought last year was bad.  I did great Thanksgiving to Christmas and it's been getting worse and worse to the point I'm losing money once I buy shipping supplies and pay shipping bills.  

Message 61 of 98
latest reply

"Buyers are tired of searching when everything on eBay is too high."

If everything on eBay is too high, must be because:

eBay takes 12.9% on the item, the tax on the item, the shipping whether built in to price or actual and occasionally an additional fee for international buyers even if that buyer is buying from a US eBay account.

eBay wants sellers to grab their ankles and take blatant fraud as a cost of doing business.

eBay wants sellers to accept returns for any reason and has developed a culture among buyers that INAD = free returns if seller doesn't accept returns.

eBay wants more than all of the above and will hold your traffic back unless you pay a ransom called Promoted Listings. AND, eBay would love for you to agree that eBay gets to decide what the ransom should be at any given time.

Who is actually greedy here? Sellers or eBay?

Message 62 of 98
latest reply

WELL, I HEAR YA, but the prices of what I SELL are also costing us a lot more this year as well. Hang on tight the gas prices are going up again, not as bad as the big increase, but the food goes up again when the gas goes up and a lot of other things.

Message 63 of 98
latest reply

I really do not think it is Ebay, it is the constant inflation.

Message 64 of 98
latest reply

I am not sure the CEO saw this coming with the inflation but I THINK HE DID. He is not running off customers. He is bringing people here who have money. The site needs people not too heavily hit by the current economics. The focus is on getting people on here who buy high end items then they will be here to buy other things as well. 

Message 65 of 98
latest reply

I can tell you this. I HAVE A LOT OF WATCHERS on my items. They do buy eventually. They are probably counting their pennies until they can buy it right now. AT LEAST I HOPE. Lol!

Message 66 of 98
latest reply

Yes now it seems you get one or two days a week when it's "your" turn for people to see your sales. You can almost give it away and will not get people seeeing your adds if its not your turn to be seen. This has been proven time and time again and its only a matter of time beofre a large court case hits eBay due to unfair selling..

Message 67 of 98
latest reply

as i stated the CEO , has with a doubt , and the prices yeah some are but that also comes down to the C*** search engine pay to play ( as if we dont pay enough ) fyi promoted listing use to sell in days ( when the program strated now it takes months ) and as you are fairly new to ebay NEVER trust best match it will screw you , filter to lowest ( im sure that will help ) just another way this CEO has failed , this CEO is the worst loser ebay has ever had ...... made the search engine the utter worst and has accelerate the exodus of customers ... FYI its in the financials , he's a loser and has done nothing more than raise fees to cover his bad business model . it doesn't take a genius to figure that out . after youve made a few tousand sales you'll figure it out , good luck hope you get 10 sale feedback soon ,. this use to be fun NOW it SUCKS , 

Message 68 of 98
latest reply

i search daily as a seller and the search engine in my opinion has been broken and been getting worse ever since they started this promoted listing , it stifles the search for who paid the most and there are so many listings that may have one word in common with your listing ( that is no where close to what your looking for ) that will show up .. FRUStrates the buyer experience ( and so they run , computers were made to make things easy not now THANKS IAN amazing )........ wow this CEO never heard of customer retention , 

Message 69 of 98
latest reply

When you  do a google search for a ebay item, sometimes it shows you listings that have ended or are no longer in stock.  That's why they "weren't working".

I challenge anyone to give me a ebay item number that is not searchable on ebay.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 70 of 98
latest reply

true but it will also show itrems that do not show up in an ebay search , have reported this dozens of times in the past few months .... so agfain ebays search engine UTTER CR*P and has been getting that way ever since promoted listings started .... and i might mention that during this period ebay was stagnant in sale and ( excluding the pandemic ) has been and is now forecast to be even worst then before thanks IAM . and that was per IAN  ... 

Message 71 of 98
latest reply

and no one is stateing they can't find an item with the item number ..... i was stating there search engine SUCKS...........  and is the worse , i have better luck with google 

Message 72 of 98
latest reply

This happened to me yesterday. I was breaking down equipment to sell e-scrap and I always look up items that seem interesting. I have some older LCD modules, part number DMF5010. Searched on eBay and the result for active and sold was 0. Searched on Google to see if anyone sells them, sure enough, 4 or 5 spots down the list was an active eBay ad, title 

OPTREX DMF5010 NBU-FW-CB LCD Display Screen

Went back to eBay and searched again, several listings both active and sold came up instead of 0. 

I guess at any given time, eBay search will return 0. If I was looking for a popular item, I would know that 0 is not a plausible result. Had I not searched Google, it would seem believable that some obscure LCD module is not available.

Message 73 of 98
latest reply

exactly , is that frustrating when your not sure if you can trust an ebay result ... 

Message 74 of 98
latest reply

Been there done that looking for parts with model #s and part #s

Message 75 of 98
latest reply