cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is cutting any and ALL types of communication with sellers !

Hello Everyone, 

Has anyone been able to speak with any ebay representative lately? 

Now when we call the automated machine ask you to confirm phone number and zip code associated with the account ( I have no issues with this) However, after you confirm your accounts information and choose the option to speak with a representative ( because NONE of the options actually apply to your needs) the machine proceeds to tell you “ You MUST handle this request online” Lastly, they ask you in you want to go directly to the website or if you want to receive  a text message with a LINK for you to resolve your issue?. The link is of course useless , pages and pages about ebay policies and bla bla bla we all already know about. Link does NOT give you the option to speak with a representative on a chat at any point! 

I had to call last week to resolve an issue , had to call them 18 times in order to be able to speak with an agent. 

I had to call them today regarding an issue that can NOT be solved without the help of a life representative (is extremely time sensitive) I have called them around 12 times today. I have chosen all the possible options to see if I have luck with any of them ! No one has answer and the machine continues to tell me I must resolve my concerns online following by ending the call. 

Is very clear to me that ebay is trying really hard to cut any and all forms of communication with sellers. Is not like they were super helpful before since they always side with the buyers anyways. But THIS is the last drop . They are bending over backwards to implement new of more efficient ways to have no responsibility whatsoever or any liability over any and all problems. Think about it this way : If they don’t answer any of our calls, how do we solve any issues, questions , concerns or overall problems? 

Lastly , ebay makes money out of every single transaction we do! Is of course understandable since is their platform and they are the middle person. BUT , if we can’t even have access to customer service. Are you still the middle person ebay ? 

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END ! Whoever is  making these decision is clearly trying to bring the company down the rabbit hole. 

Hi @valueaddedresource   

Have you heard anything about this “new changes” from other sellers? Any help or feedback will be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much in advance! 

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: eBay is cutting any and ALL types of communication with sellers !

Hi @moto_partss sorry for your trouble.

When the pandemic started, eBay shut down its overseas customer service call center. I guess they liked the cost savings because they never restored the call center to its pre-Covid status after the pandemic. So this is what we get now.

What phone numbers have you been calling? If they are the ones you used before the Covid outbreak, then that may be why no one is answering—seems there are fewer CSRs now, much fewer. And some of those numbers are obsolete now.

In the future, i strongly urge you to use the links that @mam98031 provided in order to reach a qualified customer service rep in a timely manner. Don’t believe you can find those links under the Help & Contact info.

It will save you a ton of time and aggravation. Just send a private message once, and a rep will get back to you within 24 hours or sooner.

Wish you all the best.

PS—what was the reason you were calling? Someone here may be able to help you.

Message 31 of 53
latest reply

Three pages later and we still haven't heard exactly what problems you're having with eBay.  

Message 32 of 53
latest reply

Hmmmm. I have never had any problem speaking to an agent for any issue. I can't remember exactly but you you have to go through the chat assistant and then specifically write in the chat you want to speak to an agent. They then call you back on the phone number you have on file.

Yes, you have to click through all kinds of stuff to get to the chat assistant but I think eBay like most companies are hoping the FAQ will answer all you questions. 

Message 33 of 53
latest reply

I just did a "contact"  request.  Got to live agent with 5 clicks.  Call back is 2 minutes.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 34 of 53
latest reply

I used the "have us call you" feature on the chat, and got a call-back in less than a minute, just a couple of days ago on a minor issue. Despite being hard to understand due to a heavy accent (and I don't hear that well to begin with), they were actually pretty knowledgeable and had the issue fixed right away.  That said, I am glad I don't have to talk to someone that often.

Message 35 of 53
latest reply

I actually prefer the online version to be honest. 

Doing it this way gets you an online transcript that is also emailed to you that can be used later on if necessary. That has come in handy for a few folks. 

If you use the FB route, that is also an electronic transcript. 

Message 36 of 53
latest reply

Yes, I spoke to a real, live, human a few days ago. Today tho, only chat and email are options to contact them. 

Message 37 of 53
latest reply

Exactly my point ! Was available until recently. I was able to chat with a representative. Customer Service numbers we normally call will no longer be available  for sellers to call ( was confirmed yesterday )

Very time consuming in my opinion. 

Message 38 of 53
latest reply

I am glad you prefer the online version.  Should be available as an option not as the only option in my opinion. 

Message 39 of 53
latest reply

I am glad you were able to resolve the issue. Is even nicer than you don’t have to call too often. However, if you do need to call often it becomes an issue. I am not always seating at my desktop , always running around and doing a lot on my phone. 

Message 40 of 53
latest reply

I am sure they liked the cost savings. I was able to chat with a representative. Customer Service numbers are no longer available(none of them). Now we can only request a call back online or chat with an agent. I understand a lot of people are saying you can contact them on the chat , you can request a call back etc. However, online services should be an option. Not the only option. I do a LOT from my phone. Not always seating on my desktop. Don’t have time for all this unnecessary steps. We should also NOT have too ! Fees are not cheap at all. 

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

@moto_partss wrote:

Exactly my point ! Was available until recently. I was able to chat with a representative. Customer Service numbers we normally call will no longer be available  for sellers to call ( was confirmed yesterday )

Very time consuming in my opinion. 

The option to use the Chat and the option to have Ebay call you does go away from time to time.  It depends if staff is available to handle the options.  So those options are not always available.

Ebay hasn't wanted us trying to call them for Customer service for a couple years now.  It isn't new.  Some people still have the old number we use to be able to call.  But Ebay doesn't want us doing that anymore.

It is not time consuming to contact Ebay.  Several options have been posted on this thread.  I am however aware that from time to time the Mobile devices will have issues.  And the spam blockers can prevent Ebay from calling back if it is active on the device.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 42 of 53
latest reply

I'm unsure as to why it is repeated on this thread that there is only one way to contact Ebay.  That simply is incorrect.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter or it may prevent Ebay from being able to call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://https://www.ebay.com/help/call_us?type=ContactUs&topicId=4000

For the Payment Team / Managed Payment Customer Service.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/start-getting-paid-ebay?id=4795&st=

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

I don't think it's that there is one way. The OP is more bothered that the one way he wants is no longer supported.

Message 44 of 53
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

I don't think it's that there is one way. The OP is more bothered that the one way he wants is no longer supported.

I hadn't thought of it that way.  You are probably right.  I know I annoyed him by listing the ways you can contact customer service.  Your post makes perfect sense.

Message 45 of 53
latest reply