cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is a complete joke

Same old discussions about low sales for months now. Been here since 1998 full time seller since 2007 with multiple sellers account. Average $800-2k per day for 10+ years and since June sales have tanked across all the stores 80%. Yesterday was a record low with a $3.50 sale. Website sales are growing, Amazon sales are growing but eBay? It's just a stupid circus at this point. Our sales tanked after we signed up for the payment system, sales went to zero instantly. After months of fighting with them they finally let us get out of it but in the process they broke all our stores, customers couldn't check out, glitch after glitch dashboard completely messed up, not even getting sales emails nothing works. This site is completely worthless and a waste of time. All to deal with the worse scammers buyers while eBay takes 10-12% profit and what do we get at the end of it? $3 sale.
It's created so much stress for us running multiple stores that are not making any money we have finally come to the decision after 22 years that it's time to close all our eBay accounts and move on. Will never buy or sell anything on eBay, it's been too painful and I'm sick and tired or making their executives money and pay for their jet-set lifestyle. They have the Chinese sellers for that. Thanks for nothing eBay hope to see you go down in flame in the near future.  Unlike eBay, at least the Titanic went down with the lights on.

eBay-Titanic.jpg

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: eBay is a complete joke

@cs497kcpope wrote:

I'm a seller but I'm also a buyer. I know why we are losing buyers!! I have been purchasing Christmas presents and I always click on US only. I have been fooled several times now by thinking that I purchased my items from the US. They were China sellers showing up like US sellers. Buyers are getting frustrated by eBay allowing this to happen! I know that I am!! 😞

I even contacted one seller asking him if he was a US seller. He told me yes that he was in Florida. But when I checked him out he was in China!! His feedback was terrible. They are lying! This is frustrating for buyers. 😞  When buyers select US they should receive their items from the US!!!

eBay proudly boasts about having US based warehouses set up for China based sellers. It's also not too difficult to lie about an item's location. 

Message 46 of 53
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:

Ask ebay to explain with transparency how they make money off of short term cash flow from payment funds and you'll have your answer as to why they take as long as they do to get your money. It sure as hell isn't a banking system limitation.

Correct, the statements that others have made about delays are due banks issues are absolute lies, the delay is eBay's,  PERIOD.  PayPal is a Payment processor, you can have your money same day by paying a 1% fee and in one business day FREE.  Adyen is a Payment Processor so Sellers in Managed Payments should receive the same cash flow ... period.  NOT take 2 to 10 or more days to get paid through eBay.  This will come back to bite them.  Sellers should decide when and how much $$ they want to transfer to their bank account NOT eBay. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 47 of 53
latest reply

Had the TV on most of the day in the background.  Couldn't help but notice all the BIG A ads, also WalMart, Posh and several other sites.  EBay = 0.  😞

Message 48 of 53
latest reply

Lots of AMZ singing boxes ads all over the web.
Message 49 of 53
latest reply

@patd3283 wrote:

Had the TV on most of the day in the background.  Couldn't help but notice all the BIG A ads, also WalMart, Posh and several other sites.  EBay = 0.  😞

I heard an eBay commercial on the radio the other day while driving ...  

Regards,
Message 50 of 53
latest reply

Hey Mr  Lincoln!!:)  Well, read this thread and it finalized my plans.  I have been a buyer the last 2 years.  I can only say that the Search engines here only favor China junk.  I have had to order some stuff from here via China to keep my costs down.  However, my purchases from China, here;  I never received 65% of the items I ordered and paid for.

Since China has months long shipping time... I had to wait 3 months, just to find out they had not shipped the items 14 I paid for, had never intended to ship (according to like feedback) and this site; prohibited me from filing for not received in a 90+ day time period.  BAD BUSINESS.

I'm going to go to the "other place", my item quality and updated photography equipment will allow me to resume my long dormant account there.  Best wishes to you and yours Mr Lincoln.  

I do all my shopping online now by typing in item wanted.  When I call up "hits" on every other site - I get pages of the item I am looking for.  If I click on Ebay - I get one or two hits (and notice they are "sponsored), the rest is non relevant items, pages of China stuff.   They got sold and STILL are not representing the small seller,  at all.

Message 51 of 53
latest reply

Hey Stone!  It's been a long time since I saw you post ... you have my sincere best wishes with your future endeavors ... I am sure the day will come when eBay is finally sold or bought out by an entity that knows how to keep Sellers happy which in turn will keep Buyers happy ...

Regards,
Message 52 of 53
latest reply

I have been reluctant to try those local sales apps, but I decided to try one out and was listing 5 items that I have yet to list on ebay

its amazing I had buyers for 2 of those items before I was even done listing the 5

definitely going to try several more

All cash no fees, that’s all good with me

what was I waiting for? I guess for no to little sales on eBay  

Message 53 of 53
latest reply