cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay denied claim

I had a buyer purchase something during the snow storms. I had asked her to wait awhile given she was in Guam. She opened a claim and eBay automatically refunded her within three days of the claim. Well a week later she got the package. I started a case with eBay and within minutes they denied it without even looking into it. All they had to do is click on the shipping label and see that it had been delivered. Now I can’t do anything. Can’t go to usps and make a claim as it was clearly delivered. What recourse do I have? The person I sold to is obviously ok with not paying as she won’t respond to my messages.

what recourse do I have? Has anyone had any experience with this or getting there money back from eBay??

thanks,

chris

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: eBay denied claim

Some missing information but I am going to assume your buyer opened a INR claim with eBay, you did not respond to the claim and after 4 days the buyer asked eBay to step in and they fully refunded the buyer. They will also ding your seller metrics for not addressing the case without their intervention, still charge you the FVF's. 

You can attempt to appeal the decision providing the tracking information showing the item as being delivered along with the link to the following. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Seller-Protections-are-in-place-for-those-impacted-by-wi... 

It may not reverse the decision and it would have helped if you had attempted to resolve the claim without intervention but it's worth a shot. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

There is no way to recoup what your loss unless the buyer takes the initiative.  Consider it a valuable learning experience, far cheaper than any business course at a local Community College.  I recommend excluding Guam from your shipping destinations for this reason.  

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

When the buyer filed the INR, did you respond to the case and upload the tracking number?

If tracking showed recent movement, they would have put the case on hold a few days to see if it got delivered.

It's up to the buyer if they want to repay or not.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

This is one of the biggest changes Ebay needs to make, if a buyer wins an INR case and then the package is delivered later, they should make the buyer pay for it and refund the seller.

Ebay can tell that the package was delivered, Ebay is losing their fees on the sale too.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Did you respond to the INR case?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@glenvonnie wrote:

This is one of the biggest changes Ebay needs to make, if a buyer wins an INR case and then the package is delivered later, they should make the buyer pay for it and refund the seller.

Ebay can tell that the package was delivered, Ebay is losing their fees on the sale too.

eBay is NOT losing fees, if they have to force a refund. Sellers still have to pay fees when they are forced to refund because they refused to. 

The seller here most likely did not respond to the case by entering the tracking number. That's how they usually lose INR cases. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I ship to Guam on a regular basis. No issues yet. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Yes. The tracking number was already uploaded. I wouldn’t see the point in uploading a second time. I did respond asking her to wait a little longer to see if arrived and no response from her and then eBay just processed the refund.

I think excluding Puerto Rico, Guam and other areas where shipping is expensive and takes too long is the way to go. I can’t afford to give things away because eBays algorithm makes there decisions. 

I recently talked to an e-commerce consultant who said eBay is goin* down hill fast.

I wish Mercari would work on their platform so it looked more professional.

I think more people would use it.

thanks for the feedback

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Yes. The tracking number was already uploaded. I wouldn’t see the point in uploading a second time. I did respond asking her to wait a little longer to see if arrived and no response from her and then eBay just processed the refund.

That would be why you lost the INR. As illogical as it seems despite the fact that the tracking number as well a the status information is already available to eBay you do have to upload the information in response to the INR. 

I think excluding Puerto Rico, Guam and other areas where shipping is expensive and takes too long is the way to go. I can’t afford to give things away because eBays algorithm makes there decisions. 

I recently talked to an e-commerce consultant who said eBay is goin* down hill fast.

I wish Mercari would work on their platform so it looked more professional.

I think more people would use it.

thanks for the feedback

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@chris10plush wrote:

Even though the tracking number is uploaded to the order, it's a good idea to upload it in an INR case.

When they open an INR, you have three days to provide tracking showing it was delivered or that's it's still moving through he system.

When you don't, the buyer gets a refund.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@chris10plush wrote:

Yes. The tracking number was already uploaded. I wouldn’t see the point in uploading a second time.

Unfortunately, your not seeing the point in responding to the case with the tracking number is what cost you the money and the item.

@chris10plush wrote:

People have been predicting the downfall of ebay for 20 years. It hasn't happened yet and I doubt that it will. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 12 of 12
latest reply