cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay customer service - a compliment

I received an obnoxious feedback comment that was racial in nature. It was done as a "positive." I reached out to eBay customer service and was asked to send an email detailing my concern which I did....and I was happy to get a response about 7 hours later - comment removed. 

It's easy to be a bit hard on eBay as a company at times but in fairness, I think when they take care of a seller when it matters - a thank you is in order. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay customer service - a compliment

Excellent news.  Ebay does have a policy for this and it is something they would remove.  I'm glad you were able to get yours taken care of.

Now don't forget to report the buyer for abuse of the feedback system.  Before you report them you might go and take a peek at their FB left for others.  There may be other sellers that had this done to them too and that should be reported.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/reporting-issue-buyer?id=4084

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Excellent news.  Ebay does have a policy for this and it is something they would remove.  I'm glad you were able to get yours taken care of.

Now don't forget to report the buyer for abuse of the feedback system.  Before you report them you might go and take a peek at their FB left for others.  There may be other sellers that had this done to them too and that should be reported.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/reporting-issue-buyer?id=4084

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks! Copy That!!!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

It is an important part of the process to try and stop members from misbehaving like that.  I'm sorry you had to experience this but very glad it was taken care of.  I hope the rest of your new year is much smoother.  😍

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Very nice for them to do that.  Certainly you were lucky to get a considerate, conscientious rep.  But still too many cases where buyers can post verifiably false/or against ebay policy policy and they ignore.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

But still too many cases

@craigkevin 

This post is from January.  Things have changed since then. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I have been following the issue of feedback and how difficult / impossible it has become to get feedback that is damaging removed. One can only hope that feedback that is racist in nature would be removed. I would really question my future association with eBay if blatantly racist feedback was allowed to remain. Time will tell. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@epowerbargains wrote:

I have been following the issue of feedback and how difficult / impossible it has become to get feedback that is damaging removed. One can only hope that feedback that is racist in nature would be removed. I would really question my future association with eBay if blatantly racist feedback was allowed to remain. Time will tell. 

@epowerbargains 

Do you have an example of a racist FB not getting removed from some seller's FB page?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

No I do have an example of a racist comment not being removed. I was able to have a racist comment removed from my feedback not to long ago. Some folks seem to feel that eBay will not remove a inappropriate comment for any reason. I think that time will tell if this is true. In my view  I  think that eBay will remove a comment that is racist. I can’t imagine why eBay would allow that type of behavior.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@epowerbargains wrote:

No I do have an example of a racist comment not being removed. I was able to have a racist comment removed from my feedback not to long ago. Some folks seem to feel that eBay will not remove a inappropriate comment for any reason. I think that time will tell if this is true. In my view  I  think that eBay will remove a comment that is racist. I can’t imagine why eBay would allow that type of behavior.

It was hard to misunderstand my post as it was one line.  I said "Do you have an example of a racist FB not getting removed from some seller's FB page?"

I did NOT say you didn't have an example, I asked IF YOU HAD an example.

I am glad you were able to get it removed.  That is how it should be.  Unfortunately in recent months Ebay has changed how it handles feedback removal and it is affecting many sellers adversely.  

Sellers are now required to file for FB removal using the automated version on Ebay, which is handled by AI.  Not a person at Ebay.  Whatever decision the AI makes is final.  Ebay no longer allows for an appeal and none of the methods of contacting Customer Service will be able to help sellers.

This is also for feedback the AI decided will stand, even though it may clearly break a feedback rule.  You may not believe this because it hasn't happened to you, but there are threads that are full of these stories and it is happening.  

A message posted by Ebay for Business on Facebook.

eBay for Business:
We’ve recently standardized the process to have all feedback appeals submitted through the Seller Help Dashboard to better align with our global process and maintain consistency for all users. This would be why any support member you talk to though phones, chat, email, or social media would be unable to assist with the removal. We understand that changes can sometimes be challenging, but we believe this adjustment will ultimately create a more streamlined experience. Thank you for your understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply