cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay changing my items to best offer

Why does eBay keep telling me it's changing my items to allow Best Offer. Most of my items are low in price and with offers that come on some of these items I would be making almost nothing. Hence not marking it, so why do they change it for me. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: eBay changing my items to best offer

I just had to re-"Revise" four-4 items, returning them to "Buy-it-Now" only.

Something(eBay?) today changed them to BiN with "Best Offer".

Got an email stating the change.

The "Best Offer" is ALWAYS checked AND hidden in "More Options" under "Pricing".  ALWAYS checked; no way to register your default preferences.

A positive way to know you have disabled "Best Offer", is if you get the nag screen about "turn on Easy Pricing"/"Maybe later" choice.

There is no "Never turn on Easing Pricing, I have priced this correctly, quit trying to be my mother" option.

Getting irritating.

Will have to explore other ways to sell items online if this keeps up.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Hey

This has been annoying the hell out of me for ages too !!  Totally sympathise with you.  You list items for such a low price and then you have to pay a final value fee so are usually left with virtually nothing and then wham, you find some of your listings with the "allow offers" option on your item that you didn't select.  I had a case lately where someone put in an offer on one of my items and I had of course no idea it was up for offers and got two msgs putting in an offer.  I had to delete the item and relist it and tell the potential buyer it was now only open to bids.  Luckily they were fine about it and have now bid on my item.  This is simply outrageous of Ebay to try and impose these offers just so buyers can get things insanely cheap.  We go to the trouble of listing OUR items and they try and take control !!!  Total sympathy to you.  

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

... there should be a 'site-wide' default setting in site preference to default all 'easy pricing' options to off
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

They are trying to facilitate sales, theoretically for both sellers and themselves.

I actually wouldn't mind so much if potential buyers didn't send offers that were 30-50% off. And without regard for the fact that shipping might be free, too! I've actually stopped offering free shipping, not because I'm unwilling to play that game but because it messes with what otherwise might be a reasonable offer (on a listing where Ebay, NOT I, offered that option).

Seriously, I'm happy enough to make a sale but don't waste my time fielding ridiculous offers - if you're going to stealth add the feature, at least block offers below something you'd see in real life!!! Like, under 15% or 20%.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply