cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay buyer request to cancel after I shipped

I had an auction that ended this morning. After it ended, I bought a label and took it to the post office on my way to work. A couple hours later the buyer request a cancellation because he thought it was something else and didn’t read the listing. What is my obligation to the buyer? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: eBay buyer request to cancel after I shipped

Your obligation to cancel is zero at this point . Under no circumstance should you cancel at this point since the item has been shipped. Simply reply to email eBay sent stating "item has already shipped". Do your self a favor don't reply to any emails sent by the buyer after this  especially if their rude, threatening. Don't delete these emails either so you have proof that buyer is misbehaving if that is the case. The nest step is up to the buyer how to proceed .

You are under no obligation to accept this cancellation request at this point. 

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Refunding the buyer the refund will come out of any "available funds"...from previous buyers first. 

So if you have no "available funds" there will be a negative showing in your "available funds" until money is there from this seller. When I do a refund I wait until my funds have been transfer to my bank. It doesn't bother me I'll have a negative balance for a day.

I would wait until available funds from other buyers had been transferred first.

I would block this buyer and I think you should refund even though you paid for shipping already. Never know what kind of feedback this buyer will give. Easy on the emails to this buyer. Maybe don't do any emails and give a refund in a few days. It is the weekend and the buyer won't get their money returned for quite a while anyway.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

OP no can do. It's already in the mail system.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Too late

Inform your buyer their purchase was already entrusted into the  custody of USPS for delivery.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If it's an expensive item, it may pay you to file a parcel intercept and then when you get it back, refund the buyer minus shipping paid.

If not expensive, tell them they're welcome to return it for a refund minus the shipping.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Dear Buyer,
The menu selection to Cancel an Order has disappeared from my Sold Items screen. That is because the USPS has possession of your package.

You are welcome to return the item for a refund by using Ordered by Mistake as the reason.

Sincerely,
Seller

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I ship within 24 hours, and normally the next morning.  It allows time for everything to settle.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 8
latest reply