cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Testing Getting Rid of Shipping & Returns Tab, Moving Info to Popup Instead

Looks like eBay is doing more testing on the View Item page design - in some browsers I'm seeing they have gotten rid of the Shipping, Returns, and Payments tab and instead to access that information the user has to click "See Details", which then displays the info in a popup.

2024-03-20_19-31-55.jpg

2024-03-20_19-33-04.jpg

2024-03-20_19-35-11.jpg

Currently seeing it in Chrome both logged in and incognito and Firefox incognito, but not logged in.

Anyone else?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

eBay Testing Getting Rid of Shipping & Returns Tab, Moving Info to Popup Instead

Well this may explain the 5 day site wide  missing  search bar  in the seller 's  store  search other items.   There was nothing wrong with the shipping & returns tab  . These tech boys need to justify getting  paid .  

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I haven't checked lately but I need to strenuously renew some of the FB I submitted on this back when they were testing it in July 2023 kyle@ebay . (link)

As a buyer, it's 100% unacceptable they removed from the new pop-up, functionality we had on the shipping tab to change item quantity. I don't want to add to cart to see what ship cost will be on multiples. I'd rather go shop on another venue where I can see shipping charges upfront.

On top of that, as a volunteer on this forum that focuses on shipping and tech issues, it makes the process of reviewing listings shipping settings and assisting posters much more difficult when we cannot change quantity without adding to cart.

On the old shipping tab we could change both location and quantity. If we are now forced to add to cart to see ship cost for multiple items, we cannot see that multi-item ship cost with any location that's not saved in our account address file. That's a big problem both for assisting seller and buyers on this forum, but also for gift shopping where we might end up having our purchase shipped direct to friend/family.

P.S. I'm glad to see they took my feedback seriously about the need to change item location on the pop up which in the July testing was functionality they originally removed. Thanks for that, at least.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

It scans better, that's for sure. More compact with better organisation.

IIRC, didn't they do a partial roll-out of this some time earlier? I could swear that for a brief period of time I saw this popup on the web app.

ETA: X-posted with @wastingtime101 - that was when I saw the popup. I didn't have any feedback about it, probably because I didn't see it for long enough, I saw it maybe twice.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Not seeing that in chrome while logged in, but it looks a lot like what I see when using the App....so I wonder if this is another attempt to harmonize the PC with the App.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Not seeing that in chrome while logged in, but it looks a lot like what I see when using the App....so I wonder if this is another attempt to harmonize the PC with the App.

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques  I'm certain it is.

There's such a dysjunction between the mobile and web app. I list on three other mobile sites and particularly for Poshmark it's just seamless.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I do like the items on multiple tabs view.   If I look at 20 items on a site, I can keep the 20 separate tabs on top in Edge and separate them into groups...😊

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks @wastingtime101  @chapeau-noir  - I thought I had remembered seeing a version of this at some point in the past too but couldn't remember exactly when.

And I definitely agree about the quantity!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I haven't checked lately but I need to strenuously renew some of the FB I submitted on this back when they were testing it in July 2023 kyle@ebay . (link)

As a buyer, it's 100% unacceptable they removed from the new pop-up, functionality we had on the shipping tab to change item quantity. I don't want to add to cart to see what ship cost will be on multiples. I'd rather go shop on another venue where I can see shipping charges upfront.

On top of that, as a volunteer on this forum that focuses on shipping and tech issues, it makes the process of reviewing listings shipping settings and assisting posters much more difficult when we cannot change quantity without adding to cart.

On the old shipping tab we could change both location and quantity. If we are now forced to add to cart to see ship cost for multiple items, we cannot see that multi-item ship cost with any location that's not saved in our account address file. That's a big problem both for assisting seller and buyers on this forum, but also for gift shopping where we might end up having our purchase shipped direct to friend/family.

P.S. I'm glad to see they took my feedback seriously about the need to change item location on the pop up which in the July testing was functionality they originally removed. Thanks for that, at least.

Hey @wastingtime101 thanks for the feedback!  I have shared that (along with the rest of this thread) with the proper team.  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Just fixing what isn't broken, creating more problems in the process, corporations are good at this.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I agree about the quantity too. Why on earth should a buyer have to go to checkout or the cart to see what they are going to be charged for two items.

I can see that the new function is streamlined in some ways but I don't think that the people who are deciding on these changes realize how buyers and sellers get used to using a site and that  every time there is a change (which is often) it takes time to be comfortable again. In some cases, a person may hate it and try somewhere else.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply