cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Standard Envelope Printing postage label on eBay.

How does one print postage labels for eBay Standard Envelopes on eBay? Where can one find the standard envelopes?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The eBay Standard Envelope is actually just a shipping label, which the seller affixes to a regular standard envelope.  It is one of the listings that shows as an option for items being shipped as USPS First Class, when the seller is purchasing postage through eBay, in order to ship a purchase.

However -- there are VERY specific rules for using the eBay Standard Envelope:  United States domestic shipping only; no combined sales exceeding $20.00; weight cannot exceed 3 ounces; items to be shipped can ONLY include stamps, trading cards, currency (both paper & coins) and postcards; plus other restrictions apply -- see the eBay Standard Envelope page for complete information.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

To expand on 1786, you can use your own envelope, the label is one of the options IF YOUR ITEM IS LISTED IN VERY SPECIFIC CATEGORIES. It can't just be a coin, it has to be listed in the coin category. When you create the listing you have to indicate the item weighs 3 ounces or less. The USPS has no idea what an eBay Standard Envelope for Coins is. They provide vendors a reduced rate with limited scanning for certain letter type items. To satisfy USPS the envelope has to fly through machines like a flexible letter. Ebay has created a monster with "up to six coins", postcards and sports cards in these envelopes which can make it hard to accomodate USPS sorting machinery. Here is my solution. I print the label from eBay for the appropriate item and weight. I don't worry as much about the envelope being treated like a standard flexible letter because I ALSO add 39 cents in stamps for the non-machine surcharge and write in red NON-MACHINE RATE PAID. You get the benefit of the low rate, you satisfy eBay's requirement for a trackable package/letter (usually) and you make most postal employees happy with additional surcharge. The eBay standard envelope is not fool proof but it can boost your sales numbers by being able to sell less expensive items without having to pay almost $5 for first class package. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If you're selling items in categories that qualify for the service @oletooks, you'll want to read over this page and the FAQs before using the option: https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-labels-services/ebay-domestic-shipping-services/ebay...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply