cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer is refunded, then he receives the package: Red Button

Suggestion for Ebay: an easy option for buyer to "award" seller after he receives the package for which he has received full refund due slow shipping. Seller otherwise loses both item and funds.

Most buyers are honest and they would use such option if available.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It certainly would be nice to have a retroactive way to pay a seller without both buyer and seller jumping through hoops.

I was recently refunded for a lost package that disappeared into the USPS willlywhacks. Knowing how life works, there is always the possibility of a few weeks from now that package will be found where it dropped behind a conveyor or some such, and it will arrive on my doorstep, and I WILL want to pay. 

Yes, it would sure be nice to be able to find a button in my purchase history I can hit and get it done.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Could they also use that button to "tip" a seller after receiving the item ... if they really like the item and/or your service.   😉

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Your reward for refunding a buyer who got a refund is a positive feedback from the buyer.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

This has happened to me twice. Both times the package arrived around 3 - 4 weeks late. Both times I refunded the customer. The first time the package arrived the next day. Second time a week after the refund.

Both customers offered to pay but I told them not to bother.

Luckily both items were only around $10.00each. I don't like losing the money but what the heck. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It certainly would be nice to have a retroactive way to pay a seller without both buyer and seller jumping through hoops.

I was recently refunded for a lost package that disappeared into the USPS willlywhacks. Knowing how life works, there is always the possibility of a few weeks from now that package will be found where it dropped behind a conveyor or some such, and it will arrive on my doorstep, and I WILL want to pay. 

Yes, it would sure be nice to be able to find a button in my purchase history I can hit and get it done.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

And to add to my last post...

Some people are honest, but frankly - lazy. They would like to pay, but geez... that's a lot of " work" .

Hit a button, most of that class may be more apt to make that much effort.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I would do the same. But what if items are more then 150$ for instance? And seller (like me) is not corporation, having invested in unique individual item the time and effort...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply