cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Print Document

What's wrong with eBay's Print Documents (i.e. Packing Slips)? When you click on "PRINT" noting appears so it can be printed. The only way you can print an invoice is to download it and then print. When will Tech fix this problem? We sell too many items to have to download a Packing Slip and then have to erase it after it is printed. The usual way was to just print it directly from the website. Please correct this issue.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: eBay Print Document

@oletooks wrote:

What's wrong with eBay's Print Documents (i.e. Packing Slips)? When you click on "PRINT" noting appears so it can be printed. The only way you can print an invoice is to download it and then print. When will Tech fix this problem?

Not seeing the problem here; I just tested it. 

The Print routine for items such as Packing Slips directly from eBay (as opposed to printing a downloaded PDF copy) generates a popup window to submit the job to your selected printer queue. Is it possible that you have a popup blocker on the browser that's preventing the eBay print job popup from appearing?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for your response. We use FireFox and there is no pop-up blocker involved. We have printed hundreds of Packing Slips using the browser. We can print Shipping Labels but cannot print Packing Slips. Must be another problem besides the browser issue.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I just printed packing lists and can't see the problem, either.  I use Chrome with pop ups allowed specifically from eBay.  Do you use the paid version of Acrobat?  I had some issues with it a couple months ago.  It actually interfered with a few programs I was using.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It depends on your browser.  If you are using chrome, I have the same issue.  Adobe for some reason doesn't play well with chrome so it won't preview/print a packing slip directly, it has to be downloaded.  Firefox however will print them directly.  Been this way for years and if they haven't fixed it yet, I don't expect that they will anytime soon.  BTW, it isn't an eBay problem as it does the same thing on other sites.  My guess is there is some behind the scenes blocking built into chrome for security reasons that causes this to happen.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Are you able to print using a different browser? If so, the problem may be with the default settings of your browser and how it treats PDF files.

Go to your browser settings and see what program is set to open PDFs. For best results, choose a PDF reader such as Acrobat Reader rather than opening in Firefox.

eburtonlab_0-1676644759437.png

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Which window/option are you printing your packing slip from....

A) eBay Label Page

B) Dropdown option next to item in "Awaiting Shipment

C) Shipping Labels Page

When the preview/print page popsup-Check and make sure your destination printer (top right column) is still the default printer. I had to go into my computer setup once to reestablish the proper printer as default...

somehow it changed to another printer that was offline.....

You can also make sure that the settings to your computer somehow did not change

"Print using the system dialogue" down the right hand column to popup your computers control page....

Message 7 of 7
latest reply