cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay CS agents...whom to believe?

So I'm a bit aggravated.... I have an issue with a GSP case and you can't reach them by phone. Every eBay CS agent I spoke to told me "Do not be concerned, this will be taken care..." and then told me some other bit of information, with no two agents matching!!! I requested a supervisor, but her info (case will close in 24 hours with GSP refund to buyer) turns out also to be inaccurate. 

They all have foreign accents, American names (?!), and strangely their reference numbers for the conversation all have different format or amount of numbers!

Who do I believe and how do I resolve this issue? 

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: eBay CS agents...whom to believe?

GSP cases are in a whole different world. The outside shipping company (Pitney Bowes and thier shippers) handle things on thier end. The problem is there is no way to contact them and that is the way they want it. Sometimes it takes time for the case to run its corse but it usally ends well. It is frustrating but that is the way it is.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 31 of 41
latest reply

Resently I had a GSP problem Also. The Item was damage in shipping.  GSP covered it. The Return button was on for a long time too but it got resovled. Give them time. 

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

Yes, I too worked in Corporate Customer Service for many years. Not a call center  but with general customer service with the public..  We too were taught that  there was never  a " Problem"  but only "Oppertunities"

Oppertunities that were measured on how quickly you could negotiate appeasement with the least amount of profit loss. Double score if you could get their loyalty...Global Call Services miss out on that last oppertunity. 

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

And, you are expecting an informative and concise reply? 

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 34 of 41
latest reply

So the GSP is back up? I havent had any sales from it in over a month

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

*shrug*

I figured it was worth a shot. It's possible to answer a question without giving away Trade Secrets and Proprietary Information.

Message 36 of 41
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smileytown18 wrote:
@Anonymous 5 days after I spoke to the last rep, case still not closed.
I'm continuing to wonder why buyer even deserves refund if item shows delivered. They DID mention refund issue and having to do it manually, which further makes me wonder if this is some version of a scam?

Hi @smileytown18, when a seller's tracking to the third party shipping facility shows delivered in a Global Shipping Program transaction they are protected, but a refund may still be required for the buyer if there is no proof of successful delivery at their location. While tracking details may show a Delivered status, if the buyer contests delivery we will investigate on our end to locate the package and ensure it was delivered to the correct location. If we do not have proof that the package was delivered to the right address, the buyer would be entitled to a refund. 

The case will close after a refund processes fully to the buyer's account from the third party shipper and no negative impact to the seller will occur because of case closure under these circumstances. When a refund is initiated, there are times where it does not process correctly and must be manually credited. This can take 5-7 days and after this has completed, the case will close. You can check the item not received request details on the eBay site to see the current status of this case.

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

@Anonymous
Thanks for your help. It closed out yesterday
Message 38 of 41
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@a_c_green wrote:

@Anonymous wrote: 
Hi @smileytown18, it sounds like with a reference to an additional 5-7 days that an issue has arisen with the refund and we have submitted for this to be manually processed (which takes 5-7 days). If this was not explained to you then I will be happy to review the conversation and provide appropriate coaching.

Hi, @Anonymous! I keep meaning to raise this question in a Weekly Chat, but never managed to get around to it, but as you've just made the second mention of this within the same thread, I might as well ask it here: 

What exactly happens when you "provide appropriate coaching" to a specific Customer Service rep who's messed up in some way? That is,

• Does your team (you, Alan, Brian and the others) have regularly-scheduled case reviews or conference calls with the Philippines outfit, or does this occur on an as-needed basis?
  • Do you actually speak with the rep in question?
  • Do you speak with whoever's managing the center out there? Reason I ask this is that if you're the one providing the coaching, it seems like you're kind of usurping the manager's authority (even though it may of course be justified; I'm not suggesting otherwise).
  • Is there any difference (e.g. phone calls or emails vs. face-to-face conversation) between "coaching" a Philippines rep and one in the U.S.?

I see the term "appropriate coaching" flung about here quite a bit, and I'd really like to clarify exactly what happens behind the scenes when an incident surfaces that qualifies for it. Thanks!

Hi @a_c_green, happy to address how we generally approach coaching opportunities. I want to begin by clarifying that all of our agents globally are provided with the same in depth training. Quality and accuracy are high priorities for us and we focus heavily on ensuring that those who speak for eBay are given the right resources and training to meet the needs of the line of business that they support. Examples of different lines of business are buying, selling, eBay Money Back Guarantee, listing policy, etc. While most Customer Service agents are specialized in one subject, some teams are experienced in addressing a wide variety of topics.

When incorrect information has been provided to a member of our Community, The Community Team will partner with the appropriate member of leadership who will review the customer interaction (either a recorded phone call, email exchange or conversation via Social Media) to determine what opportunities are present for improvement. If we find that incorrect information was given or a poor experience was created by one of our agents, this coaching is delivered to the agent's leader for review and correction. This process remains the same on a global level and an agent's location would not inhibit our efforts to improve the experience of those customers who need to contact us for support.

Incidences of coaching to our agents are carefully logged and patterns of misinformation or poor experiences are something we utilize for improvements. There are times where this kind of investigation will help us to improve training material, internal resources on policy or even lead to widespread communication as needed. 

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

*shrug*

I figured it was worth a shot. It's possible to answer a question without giving away Trade Secrets and Proprietary Information.

@a_c_green  @gracieallen01

Well, seems like @Anonymous took the time to give an informative and concise reply above ! 😉

Hope CS team gets better, they have been disappointing way too often.

Thanks Trinton!

Message 40 of 41
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smileytown18 wrote:

@a_c_green wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

*shrug*

@a_c_green  @gracieallen01

Well, seems like @Anonymous took the time to give an informative and concise reply above ! 😉

Hope CS team gets better, they have been disappointing way too often.

Thanks Trinton!

Happy to help, @smileytown18!

Message 41 of 41
latest reply