Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disgusted with eBay

After 22 years, I am thru with eBay.. cwopsam

Message 1 of 186
latest reply
185 REPLIES 185

Re: disgusted with eBay

Ours sales have completely tanked since September. We will watch things very closely and make a decision when the store subscription comes around for renewal. We wont close our account but we may no longer need the store if sales are gunna be like this.

Message 31 of 186
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@lorcrouc_0 wrote:

We as sellers are feed up with all these changes in which ebay is making it where they get all the money and we cannot even access our accounts to see what is happening or what we are being charged. If you sell on the app from your cell phone you cannot access your account. If you can get thru to the classic site everything works but the seller hub your account of course. The only way I was tolerating it so far was I could see what I was receiving thru paypal. Now they are taking that and taking weeks to give you money that you cant access an account to see what they should be sending you. Someone please gives us sellers a site to go to sell from. FRUSTRATED 

There certainly seem to be a lot of sellers frstrated by Managed Payments. Thankfully the grim reaper has not pointed his bony finger at me yet. 

I think the grim reaper, so to speak, has pointed it's finger at everyone - the touch just hasn't been felt by all, yet.  It isn't surprising, though, what with Elliott and Starboard having a heavy handed influence on policy and direction.   After all, they are, by definition, out for the money for themselves, no matter the cost to others, period.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 32 of 186
latest reply

@motor5411 wrote:

WITH THEM TAKING THERE CUT UP FRONT I STILL PAID OVER 800.00 LAST MONTH  AND OWE 87.25 ALREADY THIS MONTH

Wow you paid over $800 last month?  That means you made over $8,000!  Congratulations!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 33 of 186
latest reply

I have 2 accounts, 1 , my oldest, for 25 years. I have basically let that one go dormant. My other account I have cut to 25 percent of the listings I used to run. The coronavirus depression has begun and with no relief in sight from the government I believe ebay will be having even more cash flow problems, as will we sellers. At this point I am better off taking my inventory to a live auction and pay a flat 20 percent selling fee.  In my field of sales things have been flat to almost non-existent.

Message 34 of 186
latest reply

More than $8,000 - OP stated that fees were being taken out already by MP, and that $800 is what remains (ad fees and store subscription).  Some people have the best problems 🙂 

Message 35 of 186
latest reply

Mercari is the same...no seller protection. I was just robbed and left with used ballet shoes that were sent in brand new condition. Sent them photographs and proof and they still let the buyer (scammer) steal from an honest seller. So disappointing! Please share if you ever find a website that is fair to sellers....I'm looking.

Message 36 of 186
latest reply

The first 'selling' website that does NOT cater to buyers over sellers, is the first website to disappear. 

You have to put a 'shrink' figure in your overall ytd pricing. B&M Stores have had that figure in their P&L's forever. 

(Shrink- loss, theft etc.)

(P&L- profit & loss statement)

Message 37 of 186
latest reply

"you will be back once you try the other platforms"

not necessarily...there definitely IS life after eBay...I am currently selling on another smaller, lesser known site that has about 75% less fees than eBay, and throughout 2020, this other selling venue has brought me more sales than eBay...

Sellers have choices, sellers need to make whatever choice is best for them and their needs...

not everything or everyone needs or wants eBay, not everyone can work with the eBay site, not everyone who leaves over MP is going to return...

Sellers on eBay are replaceable, new sellers come along and take their place, so those of us leaving will never have any impact on eBay...our exit will go unnoticed and our absence will not make a speck of difference to eBay and its bottom line.

Message 38 of 186
latest reply

PayPal as the payment processor spoiled sellers. They gave instant payouts for credit card payments even when credit cards take a day or two to process. I know because I used to have a merchant business account and credit cards payments are not instant payouts. 

Now the payouts are not instant and people can't handle it. They cry like that JG Wentworth dude, "IT'S MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!   

That is not going to happen so everyone should deal with it or leave. 

Habitually complaining like one particular poster here is getting old and changes nothing! eBay is not going back to the old way no matter how many pity parties you find to join in on. 🙉

Message 39 of 186
latest reply

If I don't like a place I just leave - not sure what's the purpose of making a public announcement about it.  I'm one obscure seller in a big capitalist grind - eBay won't care if I come or go anymore than I will.

It's a big mistake to make anything your world.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 40 of 186
latest reply

rolmao !! When a seller does sell something it is their money and they do want it now !!

Message 41 of 186
latest reply

Let me guess -- eBay reminded you of the 'benefit' of being able to relist the shoes.

Message 42 of 186
latest reply

you same few sellers sticking up for this mess must not know the fact when a seller sells an item it is THEIR money not your bosses money ! Where is your listings? oh different id to post here ! I do not hide anything about how I feel or who I am !! The same few gripe about a certain persons gripes but seem to have entitlement to be the only ones that can post and that your always right !! MP stinks period !!!

Message 43 of 186
latest reply

After 21 years here I have heard this story a thousand times.

Its a threat to stop selling for a while. Take a break. Relax.

I did the same, but I'm back because people are buying again.

There is no other platform like eBay so just grin and bear it.

Loose Cannon
Message 44 of 186
latest reply

Yeah, I don't get that either.  I thought my charges, fees would go down.  Not happening. 

"It is unreasonable to attempt to reason with the unreasonable."
Message 45 of 186
latest reply