cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

description will disappear while listing on mobile app

So i tend to go back and forth sometimes i list with the app and some times i list on the PC. With the phones taking better pics than most cameras these days i tend to take pics with the smart phone. I am using a s22 ultra. So i take some pics with the app then scroll down to the description and type up a long description and back out put the shipping info and then the detailed description is gone. Anyone else having this issue?

I had this issue in the past before several times but always was fixed quick but its happened several times over the past week and always seems to happen on long descriptions. A work around is easy just copy the description when I'm done typing before backing out to main listing or i take the pics and type out on PC. I just thought it be good to share and just in case others are having the issue and the company sees this.  its take long enough to list collectible stuff and dont really need to add any time to that process if it can be avoided. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: description will disappear while listing on mobile app

Mobile app = always worse than PC.

I wouldn't even bother with using the mobile app since you said it's a crap shoot with it disappearing. You'd have to go into it assuming it will always disappear if it happens that much. I'd just upload my smartphone pics to my PC and list from there.

I can't comment about having the issue or not since I don't have the app.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@incrediblefinds199 

I do that too, going back and forth from phone to PC.

And I have intermittent trouble with disappearing descriptions on both the PC and mobile app.

Therefore, like you, I copy any long text strings (titles even) to the clipboard before submitting.

I'm also frustrated by in the mobile app, when editing anywhere in the body of a description, the screen won't stay where I'm working. The view jumps to the end of the description any and every time I pause typing for a fraction of a second.

You?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I do all I can on my apple computer and save as draft. When ready for photos i my s21 android phone for the ebay app>selling>drafts to add photos. Save to drafts again and adjust photos with ebay tools on computer before submitting. I have never lost a description,.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yeah frustrating, hopefully they get it fixed soon, is it every listing for you? For me its only maybe 1 of 10 but still annoying its seem if i copy it, it never seems to disappear when i do copy the description i wrote out.

I kind of figured people are going to say dont use the app, ( not you but the 1st message person saying people should go into assuming it will always disappear)  but people are stuck in there ways. its very quick to title a listing and just take the pics and if you just back out the listing it saves as a draft and can finish on PC without uploading any pics and i feel is time consuming added them through the PC, then uploading to the listing. its all about making things less time consuming. but i sell tools and old stuff and dont always have my PC with me, and might want to list stuff in my wood shop, so i use the app often and tend to finish on PC besides when i am in the shop. 

Thanks for the response. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply